1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Bills @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sunday Noon on CBS
    Announcers: Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts

2. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

Finally... We take care of business here... Foster and Tate should have a field day with this team one of the worst on defending the run. Fitzpatrick is wildly inconsistent he's going to have to throw to beat us.

Texans win 30-10

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Texans, 33 - 13

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I have a bad feeling about this one.

Spiller is dangerous, especially with Cushing out.

Mario will be lining up against Newton, and I don't like that at all.

If Tate is out, that's going to be a big setback.

Lots of bad matchups in this game for us.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this game was closer than most people expect it to be. Have a big game next week on SNF against the Bears so definitely need to take care of business here. The one thing I think we can rely on is Foster in this game. Bills are last in Rushing yds allowed, definitely have to take advantage of that. Like Donny said though, Spiller is dangerous. He'll probably be splitting carries with Fred Jackson.

6. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Bills fan here. Also a Rocket fan so I post here not trying to spam or disrespect anyone.

The Bills got some good news with Mario and his wrist procedure he had over the bye. The wrist has been bothering him all season and after the procedure he had he is expected to play this weekend with a cast on his hand but according to Mario the wrist feels better than before. I have to hope that going against his former team brings something out of him and jumpstarts him here in the second half.

It makes sense that the Bills should run all day with Spiller and Jackson, but Gailey has been spotty with his play calling and trying to force the passing game. Not only that, but Gailey has a knack this season for calling the wrong plays at the wrong time. He nearly cost us the Arizona game with the wildcat throw that Brad Smith had and he did cost us the game against the Titans letting Fitzpatrick throw late in the game with the lead.

The Texans have been strong all season and in all aspects of the game. With each team coming off a bye I am expecting a close game. That scares me because I have no faith right now in our play calling in close games.

While I won't say good luck because I don't mean it, I do hope both teams can leave this game without injury to continue the second half of the season. I may need the Texans come playoff time to knock a team like the Pats out so here's hoping for no injuries this Sunday.

3 people like this.
  7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Eh, I'm not worried about Spiller or Jackson. The big myth about Wade's defense is that it's supposedly so susceptible to the run, but I haven't seen it yet. Newsflash - we're ranked 4th in the league in opponents rushing yards. And we've already played guys like Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, and Reggie Bush. 4 easy wins.

Just do what we always do. Get a lead early and play keep-away (we're #1 in the league in time of possession).

The only thing that does worry me about this game is that this will most likely be the only game of the year that Mario decides to play hard. I'm sure he'll try to get his 3 sacks so he can take it easy for the next 4 or 5 games.

8. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Yes!!!! No Dan Dierdorf.

9. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Texans win it!! Last Sunday was not the same. Lets go Texans!

10. micks96

micks96 Member

Spiller and Jackson are good but so is Ray Rice, MJD, and (dare I say) Reggie Bush and we handled those run games pretty good. The only time the lead rusher gained more than 70 yards against the Texans was CJ and it didn't matter cause the QB play was so bad. Spiller and Jackson might get a combined 100 yards, but that won't matter

We stick with the run game, Owen continues his great season, sack the Hahvahd grad a few times, win by double digits.

27-13

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I hope the Bills take a 35-3 lead early in the 3rd, only to lose 41-38.

2 people like this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

We're ranked so high against the run because we've barely ever trailed in games this year. When teams *do* run against us, they manage a fairly respectable 4 yards per carry. And the majority of that has come with Cushing patrolling the middle of the field. Now with him out, I worry that this is going to become an even bigger problem should our offense ever fail to secure us a 2+ score lead. Mind you, Spiller is excellent at catching the ball out of the backfield, something that was a weakness of ours even before Cushing went down. The Bills defense, as terrible as it is, can get sacks on us. Arian and Tate need to strap it up and the right side of the line needs to get it in gear. I do not want Matt Schaub to throw the ball 25+ times in this game.

13. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe Tate is going to play on Sunday according from Coach Kube on 610 yesterday. He didn't rule him out but it didn't sound too good. I hope he does play though.

I'm a little nervous about the game as well but then again I'm nervous about every game. I do agree that clock management needs to be the game plan this week.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

The Bills' defense is unbelievably bad (with or without Mario).

Buffalo is LAST in rushing yards per game at 176.9, and give up 6.0 YPC (uh, thats alot). Bills are 2nd worst YPG defense overall. The Titans are only team to give up more points thru 7 games, and they beat the Bills in their last game 35-34.

TJ Yates could start and score on this team.

The only way they can stay with us is if they got a bunch of turnovers (4 or more) and their offense has its best game of the season. And, even then only maybe.

15. ima_drummer2k

I expect that trend to continue on Sunday. That's why I'm not worried. :)

To get the full effect, the Texans would have to do it with Schaub and Foster in street clothes. And the refs would have to miss AJ stepping out of bounds on 2 of his TD catches........

16. Classic

Classic Member

Long ass bye week. I'm getting a lil restless for this game! Think it will be closer than one might think looking at it on paper. I feel Mario is going to actually be motivated to show up & I share Donny's concerns about the run. Should be a physical game but I think we win 27 to 21.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I expect both teams to score points. Probably 24+ each. Texans get the win, but this one will make a lot of people nervous about the run defense going into Chicago next week.

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you guys worry too much. let them run all they want as long as they don't put up points, ala CJ and the Titans. the Texans will create turnovers, turn them into points, and the party will be over by the end of the 3rd quarter.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'll be disappointed if the Bills hang 24+ on us. They've played two good defenses this year and failed to cross the 20 point mark against either. (3 against SF and 16 against ARI)

20. ima_drummer2k

Seriously. The Bills are AWFUL. Their 3 wins have come against KC, Cleveland and Arizona (with their backup QB). The Jets dropped 48 on them. The Jets!