1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

NBA 2K13

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 30, 2012.

1. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Anyone have any luck with downloading the all-star add-on?

I have my pre-ordered code, but I haven't seen it in the marketplace... does it show up somewhere else?

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Probably in the game?

3. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

no problems with mine. preordered a ps3 copy at bestbuy and they sent me the code via email. d/l the dlc on rd.

4. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

will the all star add on ever be on the pc version?

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

mods make the world possible for games.

Also it looks like All-star weekend content was not properly prepared for XBOX live while the PS3 content was properly prepared :(

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

12 minute quarters

Superstar difficulty

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

Lol. You most likely cheesed your way through the entire game.

8. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Played a couple games and beat people with the Rockets when they play with Lakers, heat etc. Feels good man. Also Lamb is a beast.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

360?

Hit the xbox button, marketplace, redeem code.

Wouldn't try now though I think Xbox live is down or something.

10. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Thanks! I'll try it once I get home. I couldn't find it in the marketplace at all. There is a Spanish commentating add on though for like 400 points. Would make my Noche Latina epic.

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Im finally getting into the game on PC. Why can't i edit shoes? The only way i can is to manually go to shoes and assign to players from there, but when i'm editing a player and im in the "gear and shoes" section, the shoes never show up?

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

doing off the backboard to yourself is awesome in the game

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

I hear you can't have multiple myplayers and that virtual currency sucks.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You can have as many as you want.

But since the players are on 2k servers now you can only have 3 different saves for online myplayers.

Offline ones do not get VC and get skillpoints.

VC is alright. I like the idea though. A lot of people think it's hard to get but not really. I think your player progresses just as fast as last year.

Also you can literally bring in a 99 rated rookie into myplayer if you have the VC to do that.

15. gah

gah Member

Haven't played myplayer yet but I'm disapointed with the game, specially with association mode being virtually the same. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next-gen for them to wow me again.

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Oh okay, my friend explained it weird. I actually like the idea of being able to bring in a top rookie. Some rookies are just that good out of the gate, but I hate how easy myplayer is otherwise and how much your team overrelies on you. For instance, I was on the Knicks and they always passed me the ball and expected me to do everything. That would never happen.

17. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Anyone? When i edit a player, there is a menu of "Gear and Shoes" but i see no shoes to edit.

18. ILoveTheRockets

4-0 when using rockets online, 0-5 using top ten teams...DELFINO IS BOSS!

19. JD88

JD88 Member

Now that you can buy 10k VC for 200 MP it totally defeats the point of playing the mode. Literally ruined it.

I spent three straight days playing my player but now what's the point? I go to the blacktop and there's guys with all kinds out outfits on bombing threes, picking me every play, sinking from all over. My 72 overall guy has no chance. Stupid move.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Ok, it's official, I'm in love with this game. Everything feels so incredibly fluid. The spacing and interaction between the offense and defense feels amazing... one hundred million times better than last year.

My favorite thing to do in basketball games is to be a true ball-distributor. I mean, when I played Team-Up I loved to get the PG and just pile up my assists. But to me, the spacing and interaction was so rough that it made it really difficult to play with Rajon Rondo (my favorite PG). It seemed like I would always get a step on the defender and just as I was making my move toward the basket, somebody would cut me off... Every Single Time. I couldn't take over games with Rondo like he does in real life.

Now? I can't stop playing with Rondo. The spacing is better. When I get a step on a defender, I can take advantage of it. If I make a bad pass, it's mostly because I made a bad decision, not because my player decided to try to throw it straight through the defender's chest.

And I like that I can actually use the pick and fade now. In fact, I've been killing it with Rondo and KG using a lot of pick and fade.