1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Asik and Destroy!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsmetalspd, Jul 28, 2012.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yes, I agree with Mr. Clutch. "God bless you."

but is it ah-sheek or "ah-sheik" or "ah-sheikh"?

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

Wow. That commentator sounded like a moron. There is a pumpkin pie in your eye by the turkish delight bring it home hard. Who says that.

3. BrentStl

BrentStl Member

All I know is that any blocked shot and I'm yelling: "YOU GOT TURKED!"

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The layup drills we have had against us for the past few years will be non-existent to minimal with Asik. Guy has unbelievable length and speed for a big man.

Morey needs to be commended for this pickup.

5. PeppermintCandy

If the Bulls announcers already did Asik and Destroy, Bullard will need an original tagline.

"Asik and Ye Shall Dunk!"

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

He dunks like a young Shaq.

7. highlander3128

Don't mention Shaq please. Guy can dunk, but it is pretty much all he can do on offense. It isn't look good.

8. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

It happens.

10. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

After seeing that I would like to now officially "flip-flop" back to the AH-sheek bandwagon please.

11. rocketsmetalspd

Great find, Like no other shot blocker has ever been dunk on in the NBA:rolleyes:

12. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

He didn't get dunked on, why do people all over the internet post videos when a guy drives past someone or just dunks from the baseline and just because someone is standing there, they say he got dunked on? Asik tried to go for the block but he was still not in Westbrooks line of drive. It doesn't even matter, at least he tried.

13. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Even though Asik is not really getting dunked on, what is so wrong with that play? He made an attempt to block Westbrook and had to pull back his hand because he couldn't make a play.

I also wonder what is the point of these type of posts/ For instance, Yao got dunked on several times throughout his career. Would you take a healthy Yao still on this team today? These type of posts just come off weak, knee-jerk, and silly.

Weak critique of Ashik!

1 person likes this.
  14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

he certainly dunks really well, and the timing on blocks without body contact is impressive, missed in all the dunking is he get into a good position really well and reacts to the helping and shifting D, his rolling off the pnr is pretty good and subtle, his hands on the catching are great when he wants to keep the ball high, which should bode well for a probing Lin

the only question mark for me is most of the highlights all seem to come at the end of the 1st Q and start of the 2nd quarter, my worry is foul trouble versus starters, but he certainly has some nice upside and damn he plays fricken hard

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He dunks with authority none of that "namby pamby" stuff .... The Rockts havent had a guy who dunked like that since ..... damn its been a while.

Man Bullard is awful ..... No Gene Peterson , no Jim Foley and now no Bill Worrell. Im not looking forward to the broadcasters this season. It could get ugly.

16. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

17. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Wait what!!!??? When did this happen??? Should have been a thread on this!

Also, dammit, I miss Gene and Jim.

HOW SWEET IT IS!!

18. AFS

AFS Member

I'd rather him try to make a play than step out of the way to avoid getting embarrassed. The team is greater than the individual.

19. cheifbootknocka

If it ruly is AH-SHEEK, than I'm voting for Iron Sheik. Looking forward to Omer puttin some boys in the camel clutch. GO ROCKETS!

20. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Video length 6:56

Hangtime: 6:45

;)