1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GQ] The Jeremy Lin Debate No One Wants to Have

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acshen, Jul 19, 2012.

1. 713

713 Member

is stackhouse still in the league? thought he retired 5 years ago

2. N8ioncyrus

N8ioncyrus Member

I have never seen so many professional haters, in sports, in my life. Who gives a DAMN what Stackhouse thinks?

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lol..stackhouse complaining about getting overpaid...lollllllll

4. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Thats crazy you know, you never hear(atleast i never have) of other players bashing each others contracts or saying some other player is overpaid on the newpapers.

5. Marteen

Marteen Member

I don't understand what's the big deal. Dude gets a contract, minds his own business, and gets criticized by other people. You didn't even Stackhouse was alive before he spewed those comments. He needs to shut up.

6. HorneR

HorneR Member

Stackhouse is old. The fact that teams are still willing to give him money makes HIM overpaid.

7. s.b713

s.b713 Member

What is it? jealousy? racism?

8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Pot: Kettle you're black
    Kettle: What?

9. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

I've been in the "lay off the racism allegations" crowd but it's getting more and more difficult. I'm still not willing (and don't think anyone should) make any accusations about individual players, but you can pretty safely say that the could shoulder trend towards Lin taken as a whole has a racial element to it. For plenty of them it's probably just jealousy over the level of fame and the quickness of it, for others it's more than that.

Except Stephen A. Smith. Stephen A. Smith is a racist.

10. Classic

Classic Member

Why these guys gotta all be so bitter about the asian dude gettin paid? STFU you self righteous narcissistic pricks

lets name some other guys not worth their contracts:
    Joe Johnson
    Brook Lopez
    Rashard Lewis
    Gilbert Arenas
    Erik Dampier

...just to name a FEW from the last couple years. It would be easier to name guys worth their contracts than those not. Is Lin worth it, probably not but why is this such an issue for these guys?

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Both. Frankly it's pathetic and there should be some consequences for it.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

where were these players when joe johnson got 10000 million? or rashard lewis got 1 billion? no one wants to talk about amare?

bunch of racists around here. whoopdi do he got another 5 or 8 million more at the most!

it's as if he got some max contract or something.

14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I thought Stackhouse was dead.

15. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Stackhouse actually got an interview?

16. TMacAttack

TMacAttack Member

Stackhouse is quite the intellectual: "I think they're gonna look back three years from now and say we maybe could have used this to go out and get another player"

Mauri must have completely overlooked that aspect. Moving forward all future trades/signing should first be approved by Jerry Stackhouse.

17. smr6

smr6 Member

Beat me to it haha.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't think Stack is a racist, but I think a number of athletes(probably including Stackhouse) harbor prejudices about Asian athletes. I'm not necessarily the biggest Lin fan but I still think it's fairly obvious that Jeremy Lin could take Raymond Felton's lunch.

...but the again, most players aren't all that smart to begin with. You ever see when magazines have players rate their peers(for instance in a mock draft?)? It's almost always a completely distorted view of who is good relative to each other.

19. vernonmaxwell86

is Stackhouse part of the CAA?

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He's right, we did overpay. But if we hadn't, Lin would still be a Knick. If you really want a guy, you have to do what it takes to get them.

From a basketball perspective, I would have rather the Rockets kept Dragic. But from a marketing perspective, it's probably worth it to spend that money on Lin instead.