1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ANDREW WIGGINS (Once in a Generation)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by 713, Jul 6, 2012.

1. smr6

smr6 Member

From what I've seen it looks like Wiggins is more athletic but Shabazz has a higher BBall IQ.

2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

If Ender's Game isn't the title on a Sports Illustrated cover with this kid, someone has catastrophically dropped the ball.

[​IMG]

3. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

So who will be better, Shabbaz, Parker or Wiggins? Aren't the all SF's?

4. 713

713 Member

Wiggins and it's not even close.

Shabazz - James Harden
    Parker- Melo
    Wiggins- LBJ/Pippen

5. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

So I see you are using the NBADraft.net projections. I haven't really watched their games so I was kind of going by that as well. I thought I heard about SI doing a piece on Parker being the best prospect since LBJ though?

6. smr6

smr6 Member

Shabazz is a SG and Parker and Wiggins are SF's. Each of them has a game completely different from the others which is nice to see.

Shabazz likes to use his strength to drive into the lane and create contact. He will make his living slashing to the basket.

Parker looks like possibly the least athletic of the bunch (not saying that he is unathletic). Watching his film he doesn't move especially quick but he has good BBall IQ to get himself in positions to score. Also has great size and length.

Wiggins is the youngest of the group and by far the best athlete in my opinion. I'm not sure how his shooting touch is because his film doesn't show many shots so I imagine he can hit it but is probably streaky (that is an assumption I cannot state that as fact). He is young and has plenty of time to develop a consistent shot with range. His arms are incredibly long and driving to the basket he shows good awareness in making adjustments in the air to avoid the defense rather than just relying on his athleticism and trying to just jump higher than everyone.

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

1 person likes this.
  8. da_juice

da_juice Member

No, he's my age. He'll graduate in 2013, and will be draft eligible for 2014 should he go 1 and done. Unless I missed something about him repeating a year.

9. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

He is currently on pace to graduate in 2014. He's considering a fast-track option which would allow him to graduate in 2013 so that he can be draft-eligible earlier. But as of right now, he's set to graduate in 2014.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oG17QSZIlbE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Especially since the movie is coming out with Harrison Ford pretty soon. Gonna be a blockbuster.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Must get Andrew Wiggins.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yRxaHP4f9d8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Who gives a damn about Ender. Bean FTW....find us the next Bean guys.....

14. Convictedstupid

If only. It's hard to believe he is 17 years old.

15. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

You know when these amateur fans watch some of these high school mixtapes and start out yelling out... OMG.. this is the next D.Wade( austin rivers)... or this is the next Kobe( oj mayo). I would just laugh at these guys who clearly are just talking from excitement in the heat of the moment. Those guys never excited me, they didnt blow me away

But i have to say watching this kid Andrew Wiggins mixtapes, and reading some of the stuff i have been reading about him. When i watch this kid, he honestly reminds me of LeBron James, i cant even believe i just said that. But when you watch this kid on the court with the other High Schoolers( including great players older than him like Julius Randle). Its almost LeBron-like how this kid just seems on a different level( athletically, quicker, and stronger)

The last time i saw a highlight tape like for a kid that young, where he was the biggest the fastest and the most athletic on a court with kids his age or even older was LeBron.

This kid is a freak genetically, and he will most likely put on weight and fill out( ala LeBron)

If im Morey, i will do what i can to tank for this kid. And the best part about Wiggins is that he is technically a Euro in the sense that he will probably be loyal and stay with the same franchise who drafted him. This kid is very humble, and not arrogant like a lot of american players who want to team up and join big markets( sans Kevin Durant)

16. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Never thought i would see another LeBron like athlete in my lifetime

Its funny when some of these high-schoolers are pulling of amazing dunks. Kids are like this guy is like LeBron.. im like ... no he isnt..

But when you watch Wiggins, he is different from the others in the past. His size, speed, athletism, and strength are crazy for someone his age. Its almost unfair at the high-school level

Morey needs to get this kid big time, i dont care how or when, but whoever gets this kid will be very lucky. He is def going number 1 overall, whenever he comes out( i will bet my life on that)

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Tank tank tank tank tank tank.
    We absolutely need to tank for this guy.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't see much chance of tanking hard enough to get him. We probably wind up around #10 without Dwight... with him... obviously no way.

Wiggins IS going into next year's draft class right?

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I thought he was 2014?
    2013 is the draft class with Shabazz Muhammad in it.

20. Mariachi ROCKET

Ball Hogger????