1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Rockets Dragic Far Apart, Return Unlikely?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Link

DD Faints.
    <HR>
    UPDATE: 7/3/2012 10:11am
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As @<a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine">ESPNSteinLine</a> mentioned last night, little chance of Dragic return to Rockets. Source: "Goran’s not coming back. Just not happening."</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/220172546652381185" data-datetime="2012-07-03T15:10:00+00:00">Juli 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. HorneR

HorneR Member

Soo do we try to come to terms with Lowry?

...or fire McHale?

;)

3. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Merge thread. 10M per is too much, anyway. It was fun, Goran

4. VictorB

VictorB Member

Goran is in for a shock if he thinks any team is going to give him $10 mill. He'll top out at $6m.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Time to chase Lin? Lol.

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

DAMN this team always has bad luck with players

7. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Goran was a BEAST after the Lowry injury... But $10Mil? Really?

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

LOL. Whatev's. If he's that dead set on making that much for half of a lockout shortened seasons worth of performance, let him go.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

If Lowry is the starter, he will suddenly become happy.

And I didn't expect Dragic to just agree to the Rockets first offer when other teams want to meet with him.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It is not whether he is dead set on it, the question is whether a team offers the money.

11. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

His agent is probably just saying this “not going to happen” crap to push Morey into quickly upping his offer. I’m sure Morey offered something in the $7-8M/year range, but Dragic and his agent decided to explore other teams and see if he could get more. Which is perfectly fine, but it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to get the $10M+/year he wants. If another team offers a little more than Morey is right now, then Morey can still match and Dragic could still stay. If Dragic really does get offered $10M+, well, then adios Gogi. At that point it’s better to just keep Lowry.

#11 redhotrox, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  12. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Wait, I thought that boatload of money we were giving Asik meant he was playing PG & C.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Bye... i like gogi but not that much...for 10mill i say goodbye.... id rather keep lowry for 5mill... the same production for half the cost...

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hell, I'll faint if we, or anyone else, pays him ten million a year, at least in year one of his contract. Sounds like agent BS versus Morey "conniving" to me. Games are being played, and while the issue may be in doubt, it is still to be decided.

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That's a real kick on the dick!

16. Garner

Garner Member

Sign Calderon for $7mil. Screw it.

17. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Pssst! Let him go then. He ain't all that.

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

I feel like there is some editor at ESPN that writes in a "Source Says" quote in every story. Solid Journalism.

19. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

That is very disappointing. As much as I like Lowry, I feel very uncomfortable going into the season with him as the starter considering the very publicly expressed issues he has with McHale and the Rocket's management. I don't see a lot of other options though.

Well, here's hoping that either this story is wrong or that the Rockets can work things out with Lowry.

Even if they can though, I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable with him again. Sort of like how you feel when you break up with a woman and then get back together -- you might want it to work out, but that bad blood is hard to dispel, and both sides just end up waiting for the other shoe to drop.

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I liked what he showed, but, if I'm Morey I'm not offering more than 7 mil. And we know Morey won't splurge.