1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 17, 2012.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think his jumpshot can improve,but he has difficulty in holding position in the post. I like the points that you have made about him.

2. CertifiedTroll

Can some1 link the espn insider talking about him canceling the remainder of practices for a teams promise? On iphone, saw it on espn mobile, sorry for no link. Thanks

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

4. CertifiedTroll

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Now to see what the GARM thinks!

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

His interview was almost as impressive as his play.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The one pick I'm satisfied with. Which, or all, is, or are, traded quickly???

8. cod

cod Member

Eloquent speaker + character issues = more convincing excuses, ie dangerous.

9. Htown's2kFinest

I really hope we don't trade this dude. Get rid of Patterson.

10. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Anxiety disorder DOES NOT equate to "character issues."

smh...

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I thought he was arrested for stealing or something.

12. cod

cod Member

Where did I mention anything about his anxiety disorder in that post?

smh...

13. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

There is so much information out there on this guy and his disorder and supposed "character issues". Do 15 minutes of research and stop asking the same questions. The disorder, the flying, the laptop incident have all been addressed in depth elsewhere...

And FWIW I work in the mental health field and can tell you that many young people can control a disorder like generalized anxiety with the right mindset and people/professional help around them...

1 person likes this.
  14. Cyclones

Cyclones Member

Iowa state fan here, ive watched every game hes played in college. First things first, he doesnt have a fear of flying, he has anxiety over driving to the airport. Once he is at the airport he is fine. This never effected the way he played. He flew to every game he was asked to including to a tourney in Italy. The games he drove were either very close road games or when he rode with his grandpa to the tourney. Hoiberg wanted him fresh so he let him.

As far as character issues, you have to realize that when he was young, he was a something like top 5 player in the country. He got whatever he wanted. He admitted he got a little stupid. He was accused of stealing a laptop, which was actually someone else. He was accused of shoplifting from a macys or something, I dont think he got charged, he did get charged for pushing a rent a cop. Then coach tubby smith had to excuse him from the team. Tubby to this day sings his praises. He was going to sign with kentucky but he had a kid with a young lady and didnt think that Kentucky was a family atmosphere and he wasnt going to leave his kid and g/f behind. He chose ISU.

He came to isu and sat out a year. During that time the community of Ames and the state of Iowa fell in love with him. I can assure you that you will not meet a more pleasant person in your life. The kid is legit bright. He will go to the local grocery store and end up signing autographs for an hour. In the middle of our tailgate at a football game he walked by about 50 yards away. I yelled his name he walked all the way over (leaving his friends) and shook each of our hands and thanked us for supporting him.

On the day of his 21st birthday, he threw a party. A party that lasted all night that benefited a local childrens charity, it was alcohol free and he invited the community. He did the same thing tonight.

Young people make mistakes, he did, he completely changed. If anyone knows fred hoiberg or knows of him, that guy is as clean as they come. Fred and him are practically best friends, there kids are best friends and their wife/gf are great friends.

This kid dominated everyone on the court from UK and UCONN and Kansas. He is the real deal.

2 people like this.
  15. Cyclones

Cyclones Member

16. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

17. bford

bford Member

Thanks for the up close info Cyclone... very intrigued by this pick... I watched him play UConn and Kentucky... he easily hung with the best players on the court.. and truthfully, Kentucky had no answer for him.

Really smart pickup by the Rockets at 16.

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I feel like this guy will be our new Ron Artest.

Crazy, but in a way that you love!

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I like this pick!