1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Allen Coon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Mar 23, 2012.

1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Dude, Where’s My Hate Crime?

Since the country is busy condemning whites for the shooting of a black kid by a Hispanic man, you may have missed this story — admittedly a few weeks old–tucked neatly into a corner of the New York Daily News:

A 13-year-old boy who police say was doused with gasoline and lit on fire last week while walking home from school is recovering from first-degree burns to his face and head.

The boy was just two blocks from his home in Kansas City Tuesday when two teenagers began to follow him and then attacked him, his mother, Melissa Coon, said.

Police have described the suspects as black 16-year-olds, while the victim is white.

According to the report, while setting the kid on fire, the teens said, “This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy.”

I am not exaggerating when I say that there was not a word about this story in the national press. I searched, and the only stories I could find were the write up in the Daily News mentioned above and, oddly, a story in the Daily Mail, a British paper.

Nothing from the New York Times, AP, Reuters, UPI, etc. If any reader can produce a story about this sadistic attack that was actually published or mentioned in a national outlet, let me know. I’m only human; I may have missed it. I welcome being proved wrong about this, because I’m about ready to fold up my tent, quit civilization, and go find myself a comfy cave in Borneo to live in. This country is, like a bad calculus problem, rapidly approaching zero.

2. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

You just assumed that he was physically imposing and strong, and delivered a beatdown to Zimmerman, then when someone else makes a point you say "let's wait for facts". Hmmmm.

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no. i relayed what eye witnesses have said.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Basso,

Did you expect any of the educated posters on this board to consider this crime as no big deal? It's horrible. There's no question about that.

What IS disgusting is your passive-aggressive attempt to overshadow the Trayvon incident with your political garbage.

I feel sad for you, and I'm sure your close friends and family do as well.

You keep calling "our" responses to your idiotic posts as "fascinating." If you do not like feedback you receive, or if you have difficulty finding anyone that agrees with your lack of logic, do us all a favor and join another forum.

It's not like you could name the Rockets roster or discuss Chandler Parson's development, yet you use the D&D to troll along day after day, thread after thread.

Aren't you tired?

5. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

This story may be hoax.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, you relayed what a minority of eye witnesses have said, which is contradicted by other eye witnesses.

7. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've always been impressed by how highly basso values facts.

1 person likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Hahahahaha!

basso just got caught.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

you spew false crap all the time, not much room to laugh.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Actually I don't. And if I did it wouldn't be the hypocrisy on the level of what basso was busted doing.

There were some words in one thread I didn't get correct. I was fine with recognizing that fact and moving on to discuss the larger point which wasn't altered.

If I'm wrong, I'll acknowledge it. Even when I'm not wrong like in the case about what constitutes medical attention if it doesn't matter or change the larger more relevant point, I'm happy to go along with someone else's idea of the definition.

Any other false crap you think I spew, you're more than welcome to debate and discuss that.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Repped.

1 person likes this.
  12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I really think it does though. For instance the two cases you brought up, your original points seemed extremely valid and logical.

3 times the deaths: that's horrible
    no medical attention that night: that's suspicious

Everyone would probably agree until the actual info was brought to light and then the argument gets weak. Even though YOU still have your same feeling it doesn't mean others do. It also proves to be suspicious of how you could have posted false info in the first place.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Repped

1 person likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

But it's a matter of disagreement. I think 3 times nearly as many "justifiable" homicides are horrible. That was the point I was trying to make. I understand if you disagree. And yes, I understand that if you disagree you would definitely see a difference when I misspoke (mis-posted).

If you call getting a band-aid from a paramedic medical attention then fine. I don't. (for the record I was taking license. He may or may not have had more than a band aid applied.) But what is clear is that his injuries weren't serious enough to warrant the attention of actual medical doctor. Hardly life threatening. That was the point I was making.

If I was really trying to post false information I wouldn't have acknowledged my mistake and continued the discussion. I promise you that I don't want to post anything false, and I welcome any corrections that anyone can provide. I'd read about the increase in justifiable homicides days before along with plenty of other articles both in favor of and against gun control, and had gun related deaths in my mind while making the post. You are free to be as suspicious as you lie, but I'm not lying or intentionally misleading anyone. I have no desire or reason to do that. Believe it or don't. It doesn't really matter.

Bottom line is I do get things wrong. It happens all the time. I have a lot going on and it's easy for me to screw up some details or things on here. It's happened plenty before, and probably will happen a lot in the future. I'll try my best to keep it from happening, but it's bound to happen pretty regularly.

#54 FranchiseBlade, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Actually you do.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. basso

Supporting Member

repped.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I guess we'll have to disagree. I'll debate anything and everything I post, and I'll admit when I get something wrong.

[​IMG]

It's all doubly funny when the initial claim came in defense of basso who has nearly almost every single thread he posts blasted out of the water for being false. Seriously. His ratio is about 1:10(being generous) accurate posts to false posts.

#57 FranchiseBlade, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  18. basso

Supporting Member

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

poor oppressed white men

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

this kind of thinking is actually a big problem

you can't sweep stuff under the rug based on a generality like what you just posted