1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Manning interested in Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by drewd17, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fostate

Fostate Member

That actually makes sense

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

it that happens then schaub needs to man up and not be a little beyotch!!! don't forget schaub only has 1 year left so he's playing for a contract.

3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

LolLLLLLLLLLLLL

5. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Last one so don't get jelly. I'm just doing it for the kicks @mcclain :grin::grin::grin:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'll tell you this, when hsf09 gets this bbs info, it's solid everytime, can't say that about McClain. That the answer you're looking for? Truth.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Is it wrong to hope we sign Manning just to see McClain's meltdown after it happens?

8. Pete the Cheat

when did Anna Megan learn to form complete sentences? good on ya girl

1 person likes this.
  9. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Nope, he'll probably just spin it saying he hasn't officially heard from Manning's agent yet but expects it to get finalized in a few days.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He'll probably say he knew about it but wanted to respect Schaub because he's a "classy guy", wants to report "facts only" and didn't think it was "professional" to fuel a fire that wasn't (to his droopy eyes) conceivable.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

and that should do it.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They just made thier bed. I hope Schaub doesn't break a bone trying to climb into it.

14. pge71188

pge71188 Member

This.

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I hear you but it could easily read:

Going to be a long day until something happens.

16. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

... Sorry to interrupt - can we revisit when Peyton Manning became a bona-fide Super Bowl-winning juggernaught? Are you maybe getting him confused with his younger brother? 'Cause he's actually closer in championships to his older brother. (/cheap shot.)

But seriously - 11 postseasons: 1 Super Bowl championship, 2 AFC championships, 7 one-and-dones, 9-10 overall record. Given most of us agree the Texans were good enough last year to make the AFC Championship with a healthy Matt Schaub... please explain to me how Peyton Manning make us *better*?

And that includes a 100% fully healthy Peyton Manning, which, right now, is nothing more than a fantasy.

17. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Though I think it is crazy to not take a look at Manning, I would be ok that after all these cuts we are making that we sign Myers, Mario and get a good free agent WR.

Cut JJ, and fix the OL and find a PR/KR through the draft.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

i guarantee that there's even less of a chance of them signing a good free agent wr than there is peyton manning.

sure hope the titans don't get manning. though it would be exactly what our front office deserves. go from a lock to getting to the super bowl to a question mark to win the division in one quick pop.

19. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

To be fair, when has Manning ever had a top defense to back him up. They have been ok, but not top tier (I could be wrong).

This is a team game, and I feel we have all the pieces to make this a complete team if we add Manning. I'm not saying to sign him, but we should bring him in and see what he has (as far as throwing the ball). If he don't want to workout for you, then you move on and not take that gamble. But you must at least entertain the idea.

We all know a healthy Manning is 10x better than Schaub. And yes the key word is healthy, that is why you have a throwing session with him. If not, do not sign, it's that simple.

20. Major

Major Member

Normally, it's hard to break down the value of a QB compared to the rest of a team because football is such a team sport and everything interacts so closely. But this year provided a perfect insight into both the Texans and the Colts and their QBs. When the Texans lost Schaub, the rest of the team proved pretty capable of being somewhere between decent and good. When the Colts lost Manning, you saw how terrible that team was - which tells you how much better Manning alone was making that team. Schaub is the different between maybe 9-7 and 13-3. Peyton Manning is the difference between maybe 11-5 and 2-14.

Put another way, history suggests that Schaub needs the rest of the team to be really good to make the playoffs while a healthy Manning can carry really terrible teams into the playoffs. Put Manning on a team with the Texans' talent, and who knows how good they could be.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.