1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 12, 2012.

1. tzou88

tzou88 Member

we will trade for nothing worth mentioning

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

@CBSSports: The Magic reportedly might let Dwight Howard decide the fate of Stan Van Gundy, Otis Smith

^^ Wwowwww if true

3. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

so we all sit and wait for DHO to make up his mind, then it's march 14th and gives us time to scramble and make a stupid deal.. i say EFF Orlando, EFF DHO and do what's best for us.. i don't know why we need to wait on them because HE ISN'T COMING TO HOUSTON so who cares..

i honestly can't think of a move that will make us a contender through any trade this week..

Lowry and Scola for Pau?? Umm no

Scola for Josh Smith? Umm No..

I honestly don't know anything we can do to get THAT much better.. and isn't that the point? to get THAT much better to win it all?? or are we content with trading for Pau or Josh Smith and losing Lowry(which will happen if we trade for Pau), scola, Martin, or whoever?? that won't make us any better than we are now..

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

LOL, oh man! Next year it will be Morris deciding the fate of McHale and Morey. ;)

5. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I have a feeeling Kaman will be a Rocket. And maybe trying to add size or defense to the wing position. I could see Beasley or Josh Smith. I would hope that Martin or Scola could be traded but I think only a team with a pretty strong roster is going to take on those guys so the market for both of them is terrible.

6. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Beasley Scola Dragic NY 1st to LA
    Martin to Minny
    Pau to Hou

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Scola, Dragic, NY 1st (currently #9), Martin for Pau

wow, Rockets getting raped!

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Magic is going all-in to keep Howard - as they should. Stan and Otis can be replaced a lot easier than Howard can.

9. tzou88

tzou88 Member

what is up with this unnatural obsession with pau gasol, if anything we should be going hardcore after josh smith

10. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

this is what would happen.. us trading 2 guys and a draft pick for 1 over the hill PF.. we don't need to make any trade unless it makes us LEGIT contenders.. or something that won't handicap the franchise..

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Another guess: Lee, 09 Busts to NJ for Farmar, Petro, Humphries and Houston's first round pick.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Didn't know where to post this or if it already got mentioned.

Being discussed via Stein...

Flynn to Cavs for a late 1st rounder (Lakers) was discussed via a 3 way.

Bima, I know you talked Gragic for a last 1st rounder. Flynn would be even better ;)

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...uire-pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-sources-say

13. seyton

seyton Member

Soooo nothing is going to happen? Or are all the reporters too occupied NFL free agency to be getting info trade rumors.

14. pge71188

pge71188 Member

I think talks will pick-up tomorrow

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Wow I hate this. It looks we are going to get one crappy deal at the very end. Jonnu Flynn for toilet paper. S h i t

16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

whats really going to happen= the rockets make no moves

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Trade Martin for Harden straight up. For ****s sake do something. This is ridiculous. Morey better get rid of some of these expiring contracts and bench warmers if anything. If nothing happens but Thursday morning when I get to work at 8 am. I am going to be irritated!

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am sure fans of the toilet paper company is more upset at this trade.

19. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

It would've been nice if all our guys were healthy coming into this trade deadline.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Feigen's tweet: "Looking more doubtful. Think future cap space. RT @ChristianAlv: @Jonathan_Feigen do you believe rockets will be involved in a blockbuster."

Morey, I'll let you have these magic beans for that skinny old cow of yours.