1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons star potential!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texansalltheway, Mar 11, 2012.

1. texansalltheway

Chandler Parsons has kept improving in his rookie season, and is gaining more confidence. He is efficient, and a great defender. His free-throws are falling. Once he gets a consistent jumper, he can be our best two way player. Morey has found a gem in the second round. Also, when he was coming out of high-school , he was ranked 4th in his class(he was infront of blake griffin). Marcus Morris may be more talented, but that doesn't translate into being a better player. Chandler Parsons is slowly getting consistent touches, and with more practice he can be our hidden star!!!:cool:

1 person likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

" he remind me of battier"

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the board, texansalltheway.

I agree that Parsons is looking like a big time player.

But there are several threads on this right now. Post in one of those.

Happy Daze,
    Plow

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

star player? nah but good role player

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

He definitely can. He has shown the ability to drive to the hoop and finish. He is also hitting the jumper more consistently. We all know that his defense is amazing.

6. k-money

k-money Member

amazing role player.

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Its a start, Rookie All-Defensive Team!!!

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Solid starter

9. Muaz

Muaz Member

Another asset...... jk I've pleasantly surprised by Chandler Parsons, but I still think he's just a taller Carlos Delfino

10. texansalltheway

he has tremendous work ethic which can take him a long way, and i see him being a very good second option ,and thank you for accepting me into this club.

11. QazQay

QazQay Member

Just needs to get better at shooting...

12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

remember when trevor ariza was going to be our star? Not saying they're the same player just saying it's funny how clutchfans thinks sometimes :p

13. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Knowing Morey Parsons will be gone in about 3 years :(

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

just because he tall and plays good defense? no he can be much better than battier once he gets an offseason for his shot.

15. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

I honestly believe CP can be an all-star type player as long as he puts in the extra work every off-season.

He's already a great defender and cp can't get any worse at shooting than ariza. He also has good court vision and slashes to the basket while ariza threw up awkward looking layups most of the time.

His jumper is a little streaky but does seem to hit them when it counts which is awesome, Also if he could develop a 1-2 dribble pull and create off the dribble he will be a monster. (of course this is all hope but I see the "potential")

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

Parsons can dribble.

17. vince

vince Member

The vote of confidence is that Mchale is playing him consistently. To the extent that practice dictates his playing rotation. Defense and improved offense.

And impressingly enough, the Rockets are in mist of a playoff hunt when Martin (their best player last season) has been relegated to a bit-role player. Budinger is in and out of the line up.

Chandler is soon becoming an integral building block of the future of the Rockets.

18. Dedicatedrocket

Man i sure do love parsons. He does watever you ask him to do and doesnt complain. With hard work ethic he could be a star next year.

19. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Love his game and he is a hard worker...there is no doubt he will improve cause he trains hard in off season! He plays smart on both ends of the court...hope he stays with the rockets, I am sure teams are going to be trying to trade for him..

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I think his ceiling is a poor mans lamar odom with better defense but if he can reach that, who knows?