1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reliant Stadium Upgrades! New End Zone Big Screens Coming This Season???

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by robroy77, Feb 24, 2012.

1. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Ive been emailing the Texans fan feedback for a couple of years now asking about upgrading the end zone video boards. Compared to the newer stadiums they are pretty small now, and its always nice to add visual stuff to the fan experience. The other times when I asked, they responded with the Texans and Reliant Park are looking into that for the future. So the responses have gone from the future to this season. Could be just evaluating this season and installing next year. Well today I got a response from the same question and here is the back and forth between us.

With stadium videoboards getting bigger and bigger, New Giants Stadium and New Dallas Stadium, do you think a upgrade for Relaint's videoboards could be in the not so distant future. I remember when the ribbon videoboards were put around the stadium, the reasoning was fan experience. There is a lot of extra room around the current endzone videoboards to upgrade the size quite a bit. I think putting bigger videoboards in EZ will add a whole lot to the fan experience. They were big when the stadium opened, but now they are small to todays standards!

Thank You,
    Robert Hendricks

Dear Robert,
    Thank you for your email and support of the Houston Texans! We appreciate your feedback regarding the video boards in each end zone. This is something that we are evaluating for the upcoming season with Reliant Park. Thank you again and have a great day!

GO TEXANS!

#1 robroy77, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. AFS

AFS Member

Misleading thread title...

3. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

You do realize they said "evaluating for next season", not will be in place by then, right?

I am not sure what's funnier, that you have emailed this request multiple times and honestly think it will make a difference or that you incorrectly interpreted their response and posted about it.

:grin:

4. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Never thought it would make a difference. Asked once during the last couple of off seasons. Got responses every time. Not hard to cut and paste. Responses went from looking into it for the future, to evaluating for this season. Sounds like there is a good chance it could happen this season. Never interpreted anything wrong. Look at the title again.

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

More like:

"Dear Robert,
    Thank you for your email and support of the Houston Texans! We appreciate your feedback regarding the _______________. This is something that we are evaluating for the upcoming season with Reliant Park. Thank you again and have a great day!

GO TEXANS! "

3 people like this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

When Reliant Stadium's endzones get new screens you will all owe robroy an apology.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's big enough for three current scoreboards. They have ads all over the place.

8. conquistador#11

well, at least, one of their interns wrote back!

9. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

$$$$$$$$$

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It has been in the plans for a while now and if they are not upgraded for next season it will probably be the season after. Last I heard the biggest factor was a matter of how to split the bill, since the stadium is owned by Texans, Rodeo, and the county.

Source: I know people. (It's not hard to see this coming anyway though, we are sorely lacking when it comes to videoboards).

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The video boards suck, but not because of their size or anything like that (although the resolution on the screens isn't all that great), it's the placement. You have to look way the hell up and away to see them. Unlike most stadiums, which are either lower to the ground or have video boards floating in the middle of the arena (ok maybe thats just dallas, but still).

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's what 00RocketGirl said. :eek:

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah the screen does need to be upgraded but totally misleading thread title. Booo this OP

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

LOL at the OP getting all excited over the formatted email he received by either an intern, or an auto-reply.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Got me excited over nothing. Like the enthusiasm. But misleading title.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Their screens are still better than the majority of the other NFL stadiums. New Orleans still has crappy videoboards, despite all the other upgrades they have made.

As long as the on-field product stays competitive, I won't worry about it.

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Some stadiums are restricted by their design and age. The Superdome is so old that it's probably difficult to put up and wire anything larger. But there is no reason Reliant can't...plenty of space in those endzones and they've got fiber optics run to the stadium.

18. spence99

spence99 Member

You mean the advertising board? If they make it bigger, that will just increase the size of the ads. I have to use binoculars just to read the stats when they show them up there.

19. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah i remember when the stadium first opened it boasted 'the World's largest scoreboard'.... billboard was more like it.

Personally I'm just glad I heard they are thinking about installing devices so your mobile phone can actually get signal in there next season. Which imo is somewhat of a safety hazard these days.
    Previously I asked a sporting venue representative if their mobile phone partner blocked service from other carriers they just ;)

It's also funny how I have to get a pat down to attend a NFL game, but I can go to the Rodeo which a sizable pocket knife and they just scan my ticket and wave me through.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Ever been to LP field? - I can't imagine less flash.- Reliant is still awesome!