1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 1/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2012.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Have to say, I was disappointed with Kyle tonight. We like to compare him to Paul and Williams but those guys elevate their game during those moments when their teams need them. I kept waiting for Lowry to take control of the offense and it never came.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is being run into the ground he needs some rest.

DD

1 person likes this.
  3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Definitely agree. Lowry looked gassed at the end and good ways before the end. Scola also looked tired.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I just realized Martin didnt really steal the ball....i thought the pass had been to belinelli and martin swiped it...surprising defense, i thought...lol...looks like courtney poked it away from Ariza though.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yep. We really need the Kings to actually put up a fight against San Antonio tomorrow.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Didn't Bill and Clyde say some of the guys have the flu? Hill is out with it tonight, Martin suffering from it a few games back, must be going around.

Hopefully the team recovers by Saturday but still carries enough virus to spread it to the Spurs.

7. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

My bad meant dragic

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

When was the last time we only scored 24 in a half??

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I understand Lowry was tired and so was the rest of the team but that was an embarrassing performance. Not saying it was all Kyle's fault by any means but as the leader of this group, I kind of expected him to take over a bit.

McHale needs to sub for him a little earlier if that's the case because this team will need him to take control and win a game from time to time, or at least help not letting the team make fools of themselves.

10. arjun

arjun Member

And still won

11. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

I understand that...but I feel like mchale should give the bench players more minutes in the 3rd quarter so the starters can get inti more of a groove in the 4th..I would say bring the starters in in 2 minutes earlier ion the 4th.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Only if the bench would stop playing like *****es.

:rolleyes::p

Inexcusable play out there. T-R-B-L!

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Super bummed that Dragic missed that fast break pretty behind the back lay up. Would have definitely been one of the top 10 plays of the night for sure.

14. Carl Herrera

One thing to note is that the Hornets are not as bad as one might think from their 3-11 records coming into this game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2012.html

They have played the 2nd toughest schedule in the league coming into tonight's game. According to the B-R.com's "Simple Rating System" (a statistical "power ranking" based on margin of victory and losses and strength of schedule), the Hornets were ranked 19th in the league even though they had the 3rd worse win% in the league coming into tonight.

In any case, I think the Hornets are performing at a 35-ish win out of 82-games level.

15. anchel

anchel Member

Without Eric Gordon

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Oh, they were playing without their best player too.

17. Carl Herrera

Yes. Gordon only played 2 games (1 pt win vs. PHX and 8 pt loss to Philly).

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Glad we won tonight! It will give a boost to our guys confidence against the Spurs on Saturday... hopefully that doesn't go into OT (with a disappointment like our last meeting) and we have a solid win like we did the first time earlier on in the season.

Dragic was 0-4... Budddddddinga was 0-2... White boy slump today?! I'm glad K-Mart poured it in the first half or else we might have lost this game!!

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wow horrible game by the Rockets, but I guess a win is a win. I couldn't believe we almost lost that game. The second half was the worst half of basketball I've seen by the Rockets all season, even in our blowouts.. Thank God for Sam Dalembert.

Kevin Martin was absolutely shut down by Trevor Ariza in the second half.. but he made one clutch bucket at least.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Martin did as well as he could getting doubled

Seriously we need other weapons, they were treating Martin like Kobe out there, hopefully Lowry and Scola are just bad because of the flu, they need to snap outta it