1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offseason Priorities

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Jan 15, 2012.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Priority #1: Draft a replacement for...

[​IMG]

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

so agree ....:mad:

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How many times does Jacoby Jones get to screw up before the organization says enough is enough?

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's like having a puppy that never learned to stop pooping on the carpet.

Only it's not cute anymore and costing you 3 and a half million dollars a year.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

It took awhile before Kubiak cut bait on Slaton, he tends to give players 2nd and 3rd chances if he perceives them battlefighters.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

...Get a ROPE....

[​IMG]

7. The83rdWonder

The83rdWonder Member

8. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

I can understand Yates screwing up. being a rookie and all against the best defense in the league. But to do stupid plays time and time again? I don't want to blame the loss on him, but I mean come on.

9. pge71188

pge71188 Member

[​IMG]

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Wow, the offseason already.

11. conquistador#11

I pretty much laugh at the local 'experts' when they claim that Mario's stats are hollow and have no impact on winning. If julius played on this defense prior to this season, his stats would be just as hollow. Love mario's game.
    With that being said, if we can get a 2nd receiver and good cornerback, letting go of mario wouldn't be disastrous.
    these are the type of decisions winning organizations have the luxury of making, we're a winning organization! feels surreal.

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

Totally agree about Jacoby, we need another WR pronto. Another question I have is should we go for another CB to at least push Kareem Jackson in practice?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

I think Mario will test the FA market and don't see the Texans franchising him.

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Do we bring back our same backup QB's? Maybe save some cash and cut Leinart. If Keenum is available in the 4th round...

15. conquistador#11

our awesome gm from the past, casserly, said it would be around $23 for the franchise tag.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yup, 22 million.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Mario makes this defense BETTER, and players like him are rare breeds in this league. Sure, the defense is not dead without him (obviously), but if the Texans have the inside track on one of the most physically unique talents in the league, they need to attempt to keep him.

I look for them to improve the offense within the draft (like they did for the defense last year), and continue to build new wrinkles into this offense to make Foster even more dangerous. He solidified himself as more than just a one-year wonder.

18. dmc89

dmc89 Member

-Draft this guy please.

[​IMG]

-Pay Foster.
    -Trade Mario if he's too expensive. Get good 1st round picks for him.
    -Cut Jacoby.
    -Let Kevin Walters go.
    -Replace Rackers.

19. TheresTheDagger

Step 1:Cut Jones.

Step 2: Convince Wade to stick around.

Step 3: Re sign Foster.

Step 4: Trade whatever you can to try and get Peyton here (pipe dream I know)

Step 5: After failing step 4, draft and work in free agency to get W/R help, CB help and a backup QB.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

WR and CB are obvious priorities, but there's a third that I hope Kubiak's loyalty doesn't blind him to...

GET A NEW KICKER. Either sign someone established or draft a Randy Bullock-type in the 5th or 6th round. But you need the ability to kick field goals of longer than 45 yards against elite defenses. That showed up today. This game is very different if Rackers has the leg to make that third-quarter kick. Not only is it 17-16, but the Ravens wouldn't have had the ball on the 40 set up for a drive. (Even though the Texans ended up stuffing them on fourth-and-goal, that sequence flipped the field and cost the Texans' valuable time/possessions.)