1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attendance:12,870

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by imatexan, Jan 13, 2012.

1. TheresTheDagger

I've already gone to 2 games this season--the cheap pre-season game that only cost $20 for lower bowl seats and the Hawks game where I paid $100 to sit 10 rows back behind the basket (saw Lowry's epic block close up).

I already feel like I've seen all the games I will pay for though. Its not the record or the losses. It was the WAY they played in getting destroyed by the LA teams and OKC on the road that made me decide not to go anymore this year. Simple lack of effort by all (except Lowry).

I can abide not winning. I can't abide lack of effort. Unless that changes quickly and permanently, I won't go again until it does.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

11,676 tonight :)

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

you play to win the game. wait. i thought this was a rgv thread.

4. xAliceInChains

Really?

Dang, I love going there, even when its crowded its comfortable. Maybe just me, going to an Astros game is the worst, I swear they make the seats for anorexic people, and I'm not even fat at all.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Traffic?

The hell you talking about? It's in downtown. It's perfect. I live in the burbs right off the beltway, and it takes me about 30 minutes to get to downtown. It takes me less than five minutes from work to Toyota but I'm already in downtown.

The crowd was sparse, but the energy was much better compared to yesterday's game vs the Kings. May have been because it was a tight game in the fourth, but the energy in the building felt much better.

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Houston is bigger than just the downtown area.

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

What location would be better for Toyota Center?

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

As a long time rockets fan, the flopping really turns me off. Whether it was martin acting like he is shot every time he gets fouled or a giant trying to take a charge. Just not the way I like seeing hoops played.

9. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'm not saying the location is the problem. Houston's massive size is the problem. Cities with great basketball crowds like Portland, Boston, and Sacramento have better transportation infrastructure than Houston does.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You want it next to your house? I'd like it next to my house too. I live in northwest. It makes sense for me. Sure people from clear lake would have to drive a long way, who cares. I know it makes sense to put it in downtown where it is centrally located and all.

11. Ricksmith

I see what you're saying. At first I thought you meant the location. Also, I like to get to the games about 20-30 minutes early, but with the start time changed to 7 instead of 7:30 I catch a good amount of traffic.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oh okay, we should have Built Toyota Center in Chicago then. It has a good mass transit system.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

You sound like you're taking this personal. It's just my opinion that Toyota Center isn't a good venue, and I don't like watching games there. I'm sure there are more people who like it, than there are who don't.

14. Ricksmith

What a douche. If I ever see you in person, I will challenge you to a duel.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Let's be real, where would you like it built? Give me a good location.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

yeah, i am a douche, and now what?

17. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'm sure nothing I could suggest would satisfy you. As for now, downtown is as good as any choice. But that still doesn't help anything because of how big of an area Houston covers and the traffic woes it suffers. If you enjoy watching games there, good for you. I was just offering plausible suggestions on why attendance isn't high like it is for cities like Boston, Portland, and Chicago, as you mentioned.

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'll be ref of the duel....

and I hate the traffic excuse, seriously? I can understand with the earlier start time but after the game ends, and I get home in southside past Pearland, its takes me like 20 mins tops..... and I'm a slow ass driver....

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't get what you're saying then. Houston shouldn't have a basketball team or any team because the City is too far spread out?

I guess LA doesn't get one, or even two. Atlanta really doesn't deserve one either.

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'm offering possible explanations on why attendance is not high as other cities.