1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attendance:12,870

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by imatexan, Jan 13, 2012.

1. skyline07

skyline07 Member

Honestly this is typical Rockets fans. I hate to say it but we have some of the worst fans in the nba. Every time I go to a Rockets game, this is what I see.

People more concentrated on eating or drinking whatever they just bought.
    People on their phones texting and not watching the game.
    Lazy fat asses that refuse to stand up and cheer because they are tired(even during last second plays).
    Always seats in the front rows empty.

Houston needs to fix their attitude, just because we dont have a super star or a winning ratio doesnt mean we shouldnt give them our full support. No wonder no one wants to come to this city.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am blaming Jordan "the MAN" Hill.

3. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

My friend and I talked about this.
    NFL team played once a week, fans don't mind drive 2 hours to come to the game. MLB game ticket is cheap compare to other sports. NBA is niether, especially when the team is not winning and the weather is cold...:(

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You must have never seen Laker fans...and they do this crap despite having great teams every decade.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

NO! That Jordan "The Tease" Hill to you!

Not even teasin' anymore. SMH.:eek:

6. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I don't care about sellouts. I care about actual attendance. Teams fudge numbers all the time. I couldn't care less about sellouts. Tell me how many bodies were actually in the seats.

And as far as the Texans, it's the NFL. Football sells itself in Texas. The Astros and Rockets have always generally drawn very poorly, however. Like pathetically poor.

7. skyline07

skyline07 Member

lol but right now attendance is the problem which Lakers dont have. Houston just has the bandwagon mentality. 22 game winning streak YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GOOOO ROCKETS YERAAAAAAAAAA I BEEN A FAN SINCE I WAS 4. This season YEAAAAAAAA GO TEXANS YEAAAA I LOVE WINNING.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I haven't seen a game in over two years. Pathetic ass team. Not going to waste my time.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

True. But I'll let them T.I.P

Tank in Peace!;)

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Same prices as when we had Yao and tmac. Go figure

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

delete

#31 J.R., Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The good thing about this is two things.

Short lines at the restrooms, short lines at the concessions. I could come later, and still have a chance at the giveaway.

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

90% of the people that b**** about attendance, don't even go to games....

1 person likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You are the worst kind of fan. Typical frontrunner who only cares about the team when they are winning.

True fans support the team in both thick and thin. If the Rockets ever win a championship, you don't deserve to enjoy it as a fan.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

My guess is low attendance tonight has to do with a bad team (Kings) being the opponent. What was the attendance of home games against comparably bad quality teams last couple of seasons?

Another factor is the Rockets not having a good early record (largely due to strengh of schedule in the first 10 games). If the team win some of the upcoming games, people will be more likely to come out.

16. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

the rockets have a cult like following in this town because we had a franchise player that one two championships and kept the team fairly competitive. not to many fans know marcus morris besides the people that frequent ths site or listen to local sports radio.

It sucks, but we need to tank to get a name in the roster. I lived in cleveland before lebron and the town didnt acknowledge that there was a basketball team. then bron came and the city actually had something there to watch. even if he quits on the court.

17. arjun

arjun Member

if attendance is low...why dont they lower prices?

18. aggie87

aggie87 Member

the Texans have sold out every game since existence, even the season we went 2-14 with David Carr....

basketball is just not as popular as football in Houston, unless we land another superstar, we will not be selling out games anytime soon

19. archinkent

archinkent Member

I am not surprised. There is nothing really exciting about the Rockets at the moment. The w/l record doesn't help much. I bought league pass for the Rockets, but I have been watching the other teams more.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

You may have a point, but I think it depends on the city and the GM. LerBon couldn't get any "star" level players to come. I think the last star level player Minny got was when they got Spree (or was that the Milwaukee?).