1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill/Clyde hating on the Haitian

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 7, 2012.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

can you elaborate on this?
    I haven't heard anything about this so curious to know what

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Maybe not at the time. But Bill has said some negative Stro Swift comments in recent times.

Maybe it was even in this season's preseason game where Swift's name came up somehow, and Worrell mentioned what everyone else already knows, how they'd show Swift's impressive dunks in the highlights and you'd think he's killing it but really that'd be ALL he did during a game.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Its because they love Jordan Hill, especially Bill. They're just mad because they dont get to see Hill play as much.

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

They should, he was out of shape when they signed him and maybe with this team going nowhere should not have signed him at all. He looks clueless and though that might change, it's not going to do anything for us. I love the signing earlier and what he brought the first few games but recently he has done nothing. He's had not even had a single block in the last 2-3 games, guess this is what people were saying all along: he doesn't bring the effort every game.

5. Possum

Possum Member

He's overweight lazy and sucks. What's to like?

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Dude but DD told me we just need a shot blocker. ;)

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Do you work for the Rockets or something?:confused:

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

the radio guys were being very critical the other day too, I recall some Flynn bashing

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Bill was critical of Steve Francis's lack of getting the ball to Yao.

10. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

Especially the part when they were talking how his best game was in Orlando, his first game when he wasn't taught any of the plays. And Clyde suggested that the coaches overloaded his brain or something along those lines. But to be honest, it's possible.

11. Rockets_Texans

sammy is 30 but he plays like a 40 yr old

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'll be happy when we let the guy go after this season - not Bill - Dalembert.

13. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

The worst era to hear Rockets broadcast on TV and radio were the early 2000s when the broadcasters were frustrated with the ball massagers we had on the team. I'm guessing those that are a little new to basketball can not recognize bad basketball / fool's gold when they see it. There is nothing wrong in telling it like it is.

14. cod

cod Member

Bill and Clyde joked how with each practice, he seemed to know less. He had too much information in his head.

Dalembert's been good for 1 or 2 WTF moments in every game so far. That's not including the goaltends.

Dalembert just doesn't seem very basketball smart. Too much like a viking berserker on the court.

Earlier on, in one of those practice interview videos, McHale made a similiar joke. He laughed about how Dalembert wouldn't stick to the plays.

15. cuddie

cuddie Member

Speaking of Bonzi, who was the commentator that called Lowry "Bonzi-lite" ?

16. H-Town Rockets Guy

I don't think any of them hate the Rocket's players. But in some games, they seem to show favoritism. Bud, Scola, Dragic, Courtney Lee, Lowry, PPat are the favorites. Bud and Scola can never do anything wrong. Scola is been horrible defending his man. Sammy, Hill, Twill are on the **** list...lately

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There was a reason he was unsigned, he is just not that good, and I still feel like...WTF?????

Why bother signing him, he is not a difference maker, never was, never will be.

D

18. ILoveTheRockets

Just how he talks to people. He tries to make you feel dumb while boosting his own ego. He talks as if he does no wrong, and every one else can do no right.

go look at Dalemberts interviews when he played with the 76ers. guy's ego is bigger than Brooklyn.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats because the big haitian was playing with hesitation.

1 person likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Bill and Clyde are legends in the history of the Rockets. I think they have the right to dish it out on players who arent earning their keep IMO.

From what Ive seen too is that Bill tends to support players on the air alot more if they are true genuine people off the court. He really tends to root for the hard working class act guys. I do not think Dalembert really screams class act, hard worker.

Someone like Scola will always get the benefit of doubt because of what he means to this team in alot of ways.

Id be very interested to hear from someone who followed the 76ers in the past about him because I recall stories from when the Rockets were rumoured to be trading for him and Iggy a few years back that Dalembert is a bit of a lockeroom distraction.