1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's so great about Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Shane Battier, with ball-handling skills?

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Although I have compared him to Bud. He is pretty much the anti bud. He's big, scrappy, mentally tough, plays D and he boards. He needs to learn how to hit the corner 3 consistently and he will stay in this league a long time.

3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Main difference though is that Chase's early success came on the offensive end, and Parsons's has come in defense, rebounding, passing and other things that don't show up in the box score.

On the offensive end, it still seems like Parsons is a little overwhelmed by the pro-game. The fact that he is holding his own on defense against Kevin freaking Durant -- I find that super impressive, and that is something Chase never did.

No grandiose predictions from me on what Parsons will turn into, but I definitely like him starting at the three and I think his play has earned that spot. I will predict that his offense will get better as he acclimates to the league (he is way better that Ryan Bowen on the offensive side of the ball folks), and he if he can maintain the tough defensive effort and keep doing the dirty work then I think he can be a solid role player on this team.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yeah and they are never wrong, right?

You're saying it absolutely didnt hit rim, at all? Did you not see it change direction?

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

Learning how to shoot a 3 should be his priority next summer.

6. Htown's2kFinest

Can we get a real better player comparison Ryan ****ing Bowen?

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There's some similarities...but Parsons seems to move better vertically. I also think Parsons has a "i can do that" attitude, while battier stuck to what he was good at. Not a bad thing, since Parsons can do different things.

8. Htown's2kFinest

yea after it hit Perkin's hand and went out of bounds, ball back to us...

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I like Parsons. I like that he started over Bud. I agree with whomever said he was "overwhelmed by the pro game on the offensive end" That three pointer at the end of the game is a good example. He will hit that shot.

Like his effort all around. I would prefer Williams start at SF, but this is just as good.

I thought Dalembert looked crappy in a starting role and I sincerely wish we would trot out Thabeet/Hill for 59 more games and then snag Harrison Barnes.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

also have to take fatigue into consideration....they were all on a back to back, but Parsons doubled his minute average, while chasing Durant around. Hopefully he'll keep starting, so we can see how he handles it with rest.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

IMHO, Parsons doesn't enough floor burns to qualify him as a Ryan Bowen look alike. Oh, and he doesn't have that tall-accountant-playing-in-YMCA look that's Bowen's trademark.

12. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

You must be drunk. Bill and Clyde are not all-knowing individuals and slip up on some of the more obvious things. It did hit the rim. We're just stating a fact. Hit rim or not hitting a rim, he missed it pretty bad anyway.

13. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I've been a fan of parsons since his days at Florida (fav college team)...
    Parsons is the perfect player to have on your team...he is a good spot up 3pt shooter, led all sf in rebounds per and assists per...he has good basketball iq...excellent size (closer to 6'10 than 6'9)...good lateral movement and when he attacks he is VERY difficult to stop at the hoop...
    Parsons biggest knock was that he passed the ball too much (incredible passer for size, something we haven't seen yet at NBA level)...parsons was the SEC player of the year in a conf stacked with talent, not because his shooting but his all round ability to effect a game...not to mention one of the best clutch shooters I have ever seen at college level..he is an absolute steal for us..
    What does he bring to the table? 3 games he has led rockets in rebounds despite not as many minutes...
    He had been one of out top man on man defenders if not the best when out there..today's game 3steals and a block, made durant make 10 and miss 15 shots! shot wasn't there today nor do I ever see him leading league in points but he is good all round and I think he is easily our best sf

14. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

C.Parson- Better D, better shooter, just as athletic, and taller than Bud. I like him better than Bud and can create and make plays for other as well. I'm not saying hes a Star but he is going to be a better overall player than Bud, Martin, and alot more other players in this league.

15. Dei

Dei Member

I believe he'll be a Keith Van Horn type of player. He's as athletic as Budinger, as good a shooter, but has balls. Budinger's a p***y.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I see Parsons as a Ryan Anderson type player with the hustle of Ryan Bowen. Dude can shoot in spurts and he can finish at times.
    Hell they're even the same height. The only major difference being the athleticism of Parsons.

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it did hit the rim, that's why perkins didn't catch it. he thought it was going to be an airball and it changed directions causing him to miss.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

This. Dude has a big set of kahonas.

He doesn't need to work on his shot either. He just needs game action and to get comfortable on an NBA floor. The shot is already there. And he's not afraid to take it. When they start going down, everybody will forget CBud at the 3 and CBud can find his minutes at the 2 where he belongs.

19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Some things I noticed

-he has good vision
    -great rebounder at sf
    -very quick feet, good hands, plays extremely solid defense
    -can shoot the 3

-He must improve on his ball handling to take advantage of his exceptional passing ability.
    -Maybe develop a little hook shot down on the low block, like Battier did towards the end of his houston playing days.
    -shoot 500,000 3 pointers a day for the rest of his life.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Black Shane Battier.