1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.A. Adande thinks the Rockets had the worst offseason.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by k-money, Dec 19, 2011.

1. k-money

k-money Member

bold pissed me off.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-offseason-111219/grading-offseason

2. Klutch

Klutch Member

3. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

That just ticks me off and makes me hope that Kevin and the team does even better than that I was already hoping they would!

I hate snarky commentators/journalists.

4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

it's true
    we didn't do anything at all

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

How is it worse than the Lakers, or the Blazers?

6. thejav

thejav Member

We got rid of brad miller.. biggest move all year...helps our team in both ways..

7. k-money

k-money Member

what about the hornets? got 3 deppresed guys in exchange for paul.

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Barkley made that exact same joke on TNT when McHale took the job...

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

ESPN basketball "analyst".... enough said.

10. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Yepp. I wouldn't get upset about it, he's just stating the facts that we lost our franchise cornerstone in Yao, had our plans to reload foiled by Stern, cast doubt in Scola/Martin, and let Adelman walk.

You could say that Adande forgot to mention who we drafted, but that's a weak argument because those rookies aren't proven yet.

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Not understanding why you guys are getting so upset with this statement... The fact is the Rockets didn't make any moves and they didn't solve their biggest problem...

if you look at the statement that's in bold.. He clears states it's not their fault; but the fact is the Rockets are hurting at the Center position.

T_Man

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Got rid of a bad contract(injured as well), and moved up in the draft to take a guy who now with his showing overseas, might be a top five pick if the draft was held today..... yeah......

KAAAHHHHHHNNNNN!!!!!

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I can see where he's coming from. With the exception of that draft day trade for Jonny Flynn, this team didn't really do anything of note in the offseason.

Most of this team's "additions" are going to be from within. Terrence Williams, Jordan Hill, and Hasheem Thabeet actually getting some playing time really counts as "additions" to the team.

14. Htown's2kFinest

I said this before too so I completely agree with J.A. We had the worst offseason. Going from a frontcourt of Pau/Nene and then back to the same old team minus the Chuck wagon, so the team actually got worst. Didn't sign anyone significant or do any other trades. Really did nothing... Yea the Rockets had a pretty bad offseason.

15. GMNot

GMNot Member

I don't mind the grade. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But I don't get the comment about "how many nights...?" McHale has seemed pretty laid back about his and the organization's expectations for this season. Drama where there ain't none.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

we did have the worst.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Compared to what it could have been (Pau + Nene), it's certainly disappointing.

But I think we'll need to wait a while to find the team with the "worst offseason." This team won't be the one who didn't sign anyone significant, it will be a team that signed a significant contract that it will later live to regret (See Outlaw, Travis and Nets, New Jersey).

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

B roy retired, Oden's out again for the season, and Aldridge is out for about a week. I think the Blazers had worst offseason.

We got rid of a Miller's putrid contract for young guys with potential and expiring contracts. It's not good, but it's not that bad.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lakers still have a better team than we do.
    Blazers got Jamal Crawford.

20. vick

vick Member

At least we are the best at something, being badddddddddddddddd