1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2009 draft class

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bluffkin, Dec 17, 2011.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

It seems like all of those players labeled as "busts" from the 2009 draft class will be a key factor to our success this season. Esp. T-Will and J-Hill.

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They all looked pretty good tonight.

4. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Agreed, but they did look good in this particular game. And it wasn't a coincidence they played well. They had incentive. We won't know how much they contribute to the season until many games in. They definitely showed their potential though. You can tell I'm smart because I spelled 'definitely' without the 'a'....

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If 2 of those guys pan out (Hill, Williams, Thabeet, Flynn), we will be in great shape.

Tonight, ALL 4 showed the potential they were drafted on...

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Correct me if i am wrong, but didn't our '09ers play the majority of the game? I know Martin and Lowry didn't play much and SA was only missing two starters. Everyone else played. That says a whole lot!:eek:

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Might be but who knows.

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fing funny! And I'm embarassed but my mother wants me to tell you how insightful you are! LOL!

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hill and Thabeet looked like a pretty good defensive duo. With Hills improved scoring, they should play very well together as the season goes on.

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

So far the most successful of the Rocket 09ers is: Chase Budinger!

11. Garner

Garner Member

Couldn't agree more- all the 2009 players will be key factors in getting more ping pong balls.

...especially Squid...

1 person likes this.
  12. Garner

Garner Member

thabeet needs to get stronger. He was getting pushed around.

The kid looks like Bambi on ice out there.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Flynn was nice in his limited minutes, T-will has potential to be the best of our 09 guys, Hill's shown improvement from last year, and Thabeet was okay in 1st half of the game, but when he was tired he started to get really lazy on both sides of the ball.

14. Dei

Dei Member

I can't see all of them panning out because of minutes. Flynn's gonna have to beat Dragic, T-Will's gonna have to beat Chase. I dunno if we'll have the luxury of playing Thabeet.

15. srrono

srrono Member

Moreys love with 2009 draft will soon turn to a love for 2012 draft. 2yrs after 2012 Morey will be collecting past 2012 players.

16. HPD

HPD Member

Hahahahaha... Soo freakn true. D Blair killed him in college almost broke his arm

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Dragic will beat out Flynn, T-will will beat out Bud in McHale's system, and Thabeet should only get 8 minutes at the most.

Flynn, Bud, Martin, and Scola will most likely be moved by the deadline.

1 person likes this.
  18. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

They all did well except for Thabeet. I felt like Thabeet was too lazy out there and he was just terrible compared to Jordan Hill.

Twill definitely played well. He has a chip on his shoulder and he is trying to prove the world what he is made of. So does Flynn. Flynn had a few nice flashes and I really believe that if he was given the chance and minutes along with Twill, they both would flourish and do extremely well. Flynn would make a nice backup for Kyle Lowry and Twill can be our 6th man or even our starting SF. I think Twill can be a lot better than Chase overall because he brings so much more to the table than Chase. Twill is a good rebounder for his size, good ball handling skills, nice shooting touch, good passer, good defender, strong and extremely athletic, and most importantly, he can create his own shot. That is why Twill has all the tools to be an all star in this league.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Grades for the 09ers in the preseason.

Thabeet - C
    Flynn - B
    CBud - B+
    Twill - A
    JHill - A+

So far operations -09 resurrection is working fine.

DD

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hopes are JT and Llull are going to be onboard. Then we have two more to add to the class.