1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The dreaded Chuck Hayes appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Dec 7, 2011.

1. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

+1

2. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

3. Garner

Garner Member

Feels like Landry all over again.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

My favorite Rocket since the championship years. I thought, or hoped, he'd remain with the team for life. I still think there is a good chance we haven't seen the last of Chuck Hayes as part of the Rockets organization.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

crap. I blame this on Adelman. He was too good of a coach and got the most out of Hayes. Had McHale been coach last year, this never would have happened.

anyhow. at least he is back near Modesto

enjoy yourself Chuck!

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

and Yao Ming....:(

7. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

8. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Thank you Chuck, from those 10 day contracts to the charge you took on BRoy(which made him retire btw) and the 22 game winning streak and the defense on KG. You are a true Rocket and I hope one day you come back.

9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Screw Les and Morey.

10. Vnilla_Gorilla

@c_hayes44 I wanna thank rockets organization for taking a chance on me & giving me an opportunity, I will forever be grateful

Classic Chuck right there, really wish we could have kept him. True pro

11. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

c_hayes44 chuck hayes
    I wanna thank the rockets organization for taking a chance on me 6 years ago and giving me an opportunity, I will forever be grateful

c_hayes44 chuck hayes
    To them, and I also wanna thank the fans and the city of houston for taking and embracing me with love and support, I hold htown close to me

:(:(:(:(

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Good luck chuck Hayes aka chuckwagon aka the Modesto mauler.

Hope kings fans appreciate Hayes as much as us rockets fans did.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is really sad. Chuck was one of the main reasons that I watched Rockets games even when I knew the team wouldn't win. That guy is pure class, pure heart, pure hustle. He exemplified what we want Rockets basketball to be. He was a success story. Etc etc.

It's going to hurt watching him play with a bunch of scrubs on another team.

Farewell, Chuckwagon. First fire, then wind, now earth, all gone. (Bullardism, hehe).

14. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

I'm going to miss Chuck's hustle on defense.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Sad news. The Rockets will enjoy the cap flexibility but boy will Chuck Hayes be missed.

16. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I for one will not miss all the missed layups, ridiculous FTs, and 4 on 5 offense. Good riddance.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^real mature

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You sound like one of those idiots who thought James White was gonna be the savior of the franchise.

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

So, I figured it was time for me to contribute to this thread.

Chuck not only brought me to the Rockets, he helped me to love them. His dedication to winning continued from Lexington, through Albuquerque, to Houston and now beyond.

It will really be hard to see him shutting Scola down instead of passing to him on a cut, but I still thank him for taking a charge in the first Utah series... the week of his son's birth.

I thank him for working so hard to improve his shooting and the joy of watching his first triple double.

I thank him for the toughness to step up multiple times when Yao went down... most especially for the ride that was the 22 game streak and the Lakers playoff series

I thank him for the multiple times he took upon himself the challenge of stopping the other teams best big man, despite the "short" comings he had in facing them.

And I thank him for helping me to find all you fine people here at Clutchfans.. fear not, I will still be a Rockets fan, though it's going to hurt something fierce when he's on the Kings bench playing them :)

1 person likes this.
  20. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i will too miss mr hayes... i still remmeber last season when he went up and dunked the ball... such great humor!!

on a side note, why cant we turn it into a sign and trade to get a tpe exception?