1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Houston Texans vs. Atlanta Falcons

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by kevC, Nov 29, 2011.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

12/4 noon on FOX.

Has a team ever won three games consecutively starting a different quarterback each time?

I expect a lot of this:

[​IMG]

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Despite the playmakers they have, that offense does not scare me. They should be a lot better but they seem to go through dry spells and have trouble getting in the endzone.

They do have a very good run defense though, so it'll be tough. If we beat them with Yates, it may be the most impressive win ever for Gary Kubiak.

1 person likes this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Falcons 27
    Texans 10

The offense is gonna put the defense in horrible situations...

4. HPD

HPD Member

release the "KRAKEN" the TEXANS D-Fence.

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

If there's anytime for a statement game... it would be this one.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Unleash the Rabid Dogs on Defense. If anything, they're due for a couple of TO-produced scores.

Atlanta's been only slightly better than middle-of-the-road in all aspects of the game. The one thing they've done very well is stuff the run (#2). Unfortunately for them, their secondary hasn't been good enough to take advantage of that - they're #23 in 3rd down conversion defense (FYI, we're #2).

I'm scared, you're scared, we're all scared about the QB situation. All we can do is hope Yates can surprise. He looked good when he came in, and Kubiak admitted that he kept Yates on a 2 inch leash to minimize all risk with a 10 point lead.

Can't say I'm terrified of Matt Ryan - he's feasted on bad secondaries (~ 100QBR, 6-0) and struggled in a big way against good teams (~70 QBR, 1-4).

We need to do a better job containing Turner than we did MoJo last week. Obviously easier said than done.

I like our secondary against White, Gonzalez, and Jones. So long as Jackson develops the ability to turn his head and look for the ball once in a blue moon. There's the potential for Jones to abuse Kareem if Manning is helping on White and Quin is helping on Gonzalez.

I think it largely comes down to whether Foster/Tate can bust past Atlanta's formidable run stuffers: Lofton and Weatherspoon.

And hopefully we dodge injury from all-hit, no cover "box corner" Dunta "Pay Me" Robinson.

7. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Going to school at bama has made me hate two NFL teams: Saints and Falcons. I really, really, really hate the falcons. I hate that "dirty bird $#%^" I hate the fact that it's Atlanta and I hate all of their fans.

Texans 99 Falcons 0

Cushing has 9 sacks and ends Matt Ryan and Michael Turner's season.

1 person likes this.
  8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Texans 27
    Falcons 13

Yates, 275 yards, 2 TD's, no INT's and order is restored in Texans country. Keep hope alive!

1 person likes this.
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I hope Dunte tries to cover AJ one-on-one.

Or maybe TJ can quick-snap for a long TD pass while Dunte is still celebrating making a tackle on the previous play.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I wonder that, too. That would be a most impressive feat.

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

absolutely. if our new poet laureate can throw some decent verse on the falcons i think we win this going away.

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i ain't worried. the defense is as good as advertised. it's going to be close but Texans win 24-20.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Kevin Walter has a big game and Texans win 24-17.

#13 tallanvor, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This is probably the hardest game left on our schedule. The Falcons are #2 right now in Rush D. It's gonna be tough to win this game with an unproven QB, Hopefully our defense can limit them and we can somehow win this game. Go Texans!!

1 person likes this.
  15. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

A win on Sunday would put the Texans all-time home record at 39-39. They haven't been at .500 at home since the second home game in 2002. It's been a long uphill climb to get to this point.

Also, Kubiak's record would be 46-46 with a win on Sunday.

The announcers for the game are Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

dont feel good about this one...

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

We need turnovers.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Somebody else wanna take this?

Oh, LORD. So in addition to having the Fox HD signal constantly go out, we have to put up with this fat **** trying to do shtick from the sideline? Great.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Sry Ill fix it.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

All we need is this one game to shut up a lot of doom and gloomers . .. Texans win 21-13

It starts with this one..game..

The defense is playing UNBELIEVABLE right now.., The run game and o-line will play better and T.J. will be more prepared. This team knows what is in front of them and if anything has been a constant it is this team has freaking overcome injury after injury...lose foster, no prob., lose andre, no prob., lose Super Mario, no prob., lose Manning, no prob. lose etc., no prob....this team is not quitting when the scope, brevity, and consequence of the season long injuries would have made it so easy to. . ...There is something the team never had that it does now.... Pride.

1 person likes this.