1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Items I've Made

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Nov 22, 2011.

1. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I just thought I'd show off some Rockets stuff I've made to pass the time during this lockout. If you follow me on twitter, you know I'm always tweeting pictures of Rockets stuff I make.

One of my most recent creations: Larry Smith Rockets Converse Replica shoes. If you're like me and are always scouring the internet for Rockets items to purchase, I imagine you've stumbled across these shoes. I think they are even listed on eBay right now. It made no sense for me to buy his game worn autographed shoes if they didn't fit me, so I made replica ones.

Actual Shoes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Before Shoes:
    [​IMG]
    After Shoes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rockets Red Blazer T-Shirt: It says, "I'm formal, but I like to get Rowdy." I used fabric paint to paint everything on the shirt. It would have been cool if they sold these at the Rockets Shop or gave them away during the 09 playoffs. They were trying to sell the authentic ones for about $270.
    [[​IMG]
    Speaking of the Rockets red blazer... I made one and had Aaron Brooks sign it before he was traded:
    [​IMG]
    Rockets swimsuit: you won’t find this in stores!
    [​IMG]
    Rockets shorts: I'm slightly obsessed with making Houston Rockets replica uniform shorts out of those Soffe cheerleading shorts. A few San Diego styles and 1970s uniform shorts are the only ones I have left to make.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    also pictured in this one is my Calvin Murphy San Diego jersey I made
    [​IMG]

18 people like this.
  2. 00rocketgirl

Rockets shower curtain: I think only 8 NBA teams have an officially licensed shower curtain, and the Rockets aren't one of them, so I made one!
    [​IMG]
    Rockets pillows: I bought old Rockets t-shirts and cut out the logos and sewed them onto pillows
    [​IMG]
    “Rocket Dog” jersey I made for my dog from an old T-Mac jersey
    [​IMG]
    Rockets Power Dancer T-shirt dress: I copied a t-shirt dress the power dancers wore in the 09-10 season by using a giveaway t-shirt. I dressed up as a power dancer for Halloween and a couple of games last year
    [​IMG]
    Rockets Power dancer jacket: I sewed on the RPD logo to a jacket to go with my dress
    [​IMG]
    My Rockets pumpkin carvings from this year:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    One of my new favorite hobbies is purchasing cheap swingman jerseys of former players and unstitching the letters and sewing on new ones to create different jerseys. Here are a few examples of what I've done with 2 Arizas, 1 Tmac, and 1 throwback Yao. I’ve got a bunch of jerseys in the making that aren’t pictured like a Hayes & Patterson alternate, Sampson & Malone red & yellow, and a Rudy T 1970s jersey.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is just a handful of stuff I’ve made. I’d eventually like to do a video tour of my Rockets bedroom, which would allow me to show the borderline hoarder vast amount of the Rockets stuff I’ve made and own that covers the walls and floor of my room.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

That's great... but you'd have to model this yourself for us to truly appreciate.

:)

1 person likes this.
  4. Yao11

Yao11 Member

Wow! All this is really impressive! You've got incredible talent making all that. I'd totally pay you to make Rockets stuff for me.

Keep up the great work!

5. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Some amazing stuff you have there. Your very talented and creative, thanks for sharing!

How'd you make the ab blazer?

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wow that's so damn cool, I'm gonna try to make that Shower Curtain now...

7. 00rocketgirl

Aww too bad there wasn't a season. You could've seen me model it in the first annual Red Rowdy giveaway swimsuit calendar ;)

I bought a red blazer at a thrift store for no more than $10. Then, I cut out the Rockets logo from an old giveaway t-shirt and hand sewed it on. Hit up any thrift store and they should have quite a selection of red blazers- from the 1980s and 90s I suppose. If they don't have any that works for you in the men's section, try looking in the women's- you just might have to cut out some shoulder pads like I did. Also, you might have to look around at a few different thrift stores to find the perfect one. Took me a few tries.

Nothing is more attractive to me than a guy in a Rockets red blazer. Truth.

Don't forget to buy a few Rockets beach towels for your bathroom to complete the look!

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Wow, I’m totally jealous of your crafting skills! I wish I had the artistic ability and the patience to do stuff like this -- it’s all so cool looking! Major props on your work and your dedication as a Rockets fan. :)

9. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Cool shoes and rocket dog is badass.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I've said it before, you'd make an absolute killing in sales if you did this as a business....

just sayin' :)

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This thread makes me feel inadequate. I need a rockets hobby, besides posting here.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not Made in China:grin:

13. Htown's2kFinest

The Courtney Lee jersey looks official. Very nice job.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If the double dip recession hits, you can totally find a job in a sweat shop!

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hey 00rocketgirl,

Have you considered making Voodoo Dolls of our arch enemies that we can poke while they are at the free throw line, or in the case of Karl Malone, before we go to bed each night after saying our prayers.

[​IMG]

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Very cool stuff RG, thanks for sharing.

DD

17. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Wow, all of it is amazing. The Rocket Dog jersey is awesome :)

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is anyone else in love? :grin:

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nice, i like the shower curtain. I'm suprised that isn't being sold somewhere.

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Awesome job on your work. Can you change my Yao jersey to Dwight Howard? :cool:

RG, you're going to make one future huge Rockets fan turns-into-boyfriend/husband very happy. :)