1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bigger injury: Mario or Casey?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by the futants, Oct 9, 2011.

?

Mario or Casey? Which is more costly?

1. Mario...he's irreplaceable.

84 vote(s)
    83.2%
  2. Casey...he's a key component of the offense.

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Neither...the Texans can withstand this.

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. They are equal contributors to the Houston Football Legacy

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Assuming they both have a torn pectoral muscle, which is more devastating to the team?

2. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Without Mario, our defense will take a significant blow.

Without Casey, our offense can still be good with OD, Dreeson, Foster, and AJ getting more touches/carries.

3. conquistador#11

experts like to say mario is crap, but you can see a huge difference when he's not out there . I wouldn't be surprised if Cushing moves in there. The rev and Ryans can handle the middle. Wade will figure it out. I just hate seeing mario suffer that injury. He was adjusting to the 3-4 nicely. =(

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Really? I doubt that.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

New flash AJ is out too.

6. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Well, if you trust Andre, he said he should be out 2 weeks. He should be good to go when we face the Titans.

7. liljojo

liljojo Member

Pretty obvious answer... Mario is the better player, playing a position of more impact, on the side of the ball with fewer play makers.

But then again, Casey does play on special teams I think.

8. conquistador#11

I should have used the quotations on experts. But I was referring to the local people covering the Texans by way of the A.M frequency. :grin:

9. hairyme

hairyme Member

Are you serious?? I imagine the next thread you have lined up is "Bigger injury: Andre or Sherrick?"...

You've just compared a probowler and fairly productive DE/OLB to a guy who wouldn't make most NFL rosters. Granted, Casey's versatility is a strength that can be used in our offense and it came in handy against New Orleans... but in the end, he's just a role player who couldn't even make it off the bench last year.

The list of offensive weapons in order of importance are as follows (more or less): Johnson, Foster, Daniels, Dreessen/Walter, Tate, and then Casey (Side note: Jacoby doesn't even make the list...). The way they talk on the other main Texans boards, you'd think Casey is the great white hope or something.

All that to say, he's nice to have, but he's hardly integral to the success of our offense.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

At least Casey makes that catch Vickers didnt!:mad: :p

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Vickers is a good at receiving out of the backfield, not as good as Casey, but he's good (yeah I get he dropped one). He is a top 15 run blocking FB IMO and a good runner too. IMO he is better than Casey. Casey blocks well too, but he seems like more of a gimmick player to me. Well... compared to Vickers. Vickers is a top 5-8 FB.

Its funny though. I think Vickers would be a better fit with the Ravens and that Leach is a better fit in Houston. Oh well. Leach got paid.

Anyways, Casey is replaceable. Unless y'all expected Kubiak to add FB Pass to the playbook.

12. liljojo

liljojo Member

I wanted to see it at least once. Either during a blowout or during the Superbowl. He would attain instant legendary status if he pulled one off for a TD.

13. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I wasn't trying to compare them. It's simply a thought I had as I watched the Texans crumble...again.

The thought was...maybe Phillips has a better shot of scheming using different players. He seems like a coach who can adjust to players quite well (i.e. taking some 4-3 players and turning them into rather effective 3-4 players). I'm not sure Kubiak has that ability. Casey is a unique case scenario for the Texans. His versatility has allowed Kubiak to actually be creative...at times.

I'm in no way suggesting Casey is even close to the same level of player that Mario is. I'm simply asking the fine folks of Clutchfans their opinion and thoughts on the matter. I figured if I thought it, surely somebody else thought it too.

Relax.

14. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I agree completely. Vickers is a better fullback. There have been times where Casey has been eaten alive by linebackers that good fullbacks should be able to handle. I think the running game will be better without him.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

silly question. There is no comparison.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Just don't throw him the ball in the red zone....

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

james casey only fan?

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

What's the latest on Casey?

19. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

with the luck the Texans are having right now, he's probably gonna be out for the season as well.

Another crushing blow for our offense. We now have one healthy fullback and he has butter fingers.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Torn pectoral muscle as well but he hasn't been ruled out for the entire season yet. Or has he? :confused: