1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Errr, whut?

We're 4-2 against Tulsa over the last 6 years. Neither loss coming in games against them in which we were favored.

1 loss came in 2007, the game in which the team learned of Briles' impending departure before kickoff.

The other loss came last year with Keenum out for the year.

And we've only lost to UTEP once in the Sumlin era, the aforementioned letdown game in El Paso in 2009.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Whatever you say, Dwight.

[​IMG]

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Well my point exactly, that letdown is a reason voters will be hesitant to do anything with them. U of H in the big 12 is a mediocre run of the mill team, which is probably a compliment. They don't lack the athletes, they seem to lack good football players to put them over the top. You can't blame them though, they are probably the 4th best team in Texas year in year out. Recruits will pick those team as well as some other out of state schools like Oklahoma or smaller sec schools.

4. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Underage girl stalker. #DoesYourWifeKnow

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Sounds a lot like what people said before they let UH into the Southwest Conference, where they subsequently won 3 of the next 4 conference titles.

Look, I don't have delusions of grandeur about UH like ol' mouth breather up there, I'm realistic about the situation. But I think as many votes as they're already getting is proof voters aren't hesitant about anything. Whether they're right or wrong about that is a different discussion.

6. tmacfor35

Well the big 12 has upper echelon teams like Oklahoma,OkSt,Texas,Baylor,A&M....

I think all are ranked atleast. UH's conference is a bit weak though.

7. AFS

AFS Member

Baylor is an upper echelon Big12 team? :confused:

8. tmacfor35

Well there ranked and have been playing well. I probably went to far with that, but anyways I don't see U of H as being near them. I go to U of H and I probably won't win many fans over with how I feel about them, but they just are not very good. They may win their conference, but that schedule will not get them in the top 10 even if they go undefeated.

9. AFS

AFS Member

10. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yes, CBS sports network.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=roxnation10" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="hostname=www.justin.tv&channel=roxnation10&auto_play=false&start_volume=25" /></object>

A stream for the game.

3 people like this.
  13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

You plan 9 conference games every year. Is it UH's fault that CUSA is considered weak?? No, its not and the coaching staff expected to be playing a young QB this year and thats why the non conference schedule is what it is. I don't blame them for the schedule for that reason it would be r****ded to take a young QB on the road so some BCS school and expect to not shatter the kids confidence.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

We'll start jumping teams in the polls as long as we remain undefeated. The Top 25 don't mean much to me. It's pretty much National Championship or end up in the Liberty Bowl no matter who we play in non-conference play. We'll easily get into the top 4 undefeated, it's a question of who left is unbeaten with us. But I think we'd easily jump all 1 loss teams by the end of the year.

15. Poloshirtbandit

Playing Oregon and Alabama sure did shatter that Keenum guy's confidence in 2007. :)

16. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Let's take this one game at a time guys.
    That SMU game looks like a big one now since they upset TCU in OT. It might be the game that keeps us from being undefeated if we win all our other games before then.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

LOL.

"Let's take this one game at a time..." >> Immediately start talking about being undefeated for the 2nd to last game of the year.

ECU always plays us tough.

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

So UH still doesn't get into the top 25 despite being 5-0. And yet Florida State and A&M stay in with 2-2 records.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's not like either team has a bad loss on its record.

We don't deserve top 25, I have no problem with it.

20. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

...seriously? I would be ecstatic if that happened.