1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I wonder what those 2 points did for gamblers. o_O

/conspiracy

2. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Spread was +3 for OK state and they won so don't think it affects the majority..but then again you can change the spread and get diff odds so if someone chose OK state -2 they got screwed or -3 even since that would have been a push

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

The offense and defensive coaches (delayed play calling) totally left the defense out to dry in that 2nd half. When you are on the field the entire half and you don't even get the play calls, I don't know how they can expect to stop that offense.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Aggies had "15 injuries". Just sayin

5. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

LOL Okie St. is no Idaho huh aggie fans? You guys are going to be in for some really bad seasons in the future. Good luck with the recruiting

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Recruiting wasn't the issue. Executing and coaching was.

7. astros99

I've always thought the ags doing good last year was a bad thing..because midseason everyone wanted to fire sherman, and IMO he is a mediocre coach so far in college football. I've also thought Tannehill was a mediocre quarterback.

I know the media/aggies try to hype how how good Sherman is and how he turned this team around. Yeah, he had a good year last year, but today really proved his mediocre coaching. 2nd half he should have ran the ball way more. He has a 2 headed monster in gray/tannehill, yet he keeps throwing the ball, which resulted in turnovers, and gave OSU more than enough possessions to come back in the game. Second, the coaching in this game was just horrible..The flags, the defense not able to get the signals..All this stuff can be coached better.

Although some of the INT weren't really Tannehills fault, I think today exposed that hes not a top of the line QB. I'm not saying he's horrible, but he had no business belonging in the same sentence as weeden/jones/rg3. Yeah he did good last year, but when he faced legit competition, he wasn't that great. He ate up a TTU defense that was 2nd to last in the nation. Although they won against Nebraska, Tannehill wasn't truly that great. And once again, he wasn't that great in the cotton bowl either.

This can get pretty ugly for A&M with arkansas in dallas, @ TTU and Baylor coming in. Not saying they'll lose all of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another classic aggie failure. Hopefully this shuts up everyone talking about how great they are and they're top 10. Today truly showed the aggies have tons of work left

8. astros99

Sorry I meant 2 headed monster in gray/michaels..my bad

9. RocketManJosh

Yeah but if u look at when it happened, it didnt look like solely stalling ... The D was on the field the entire 2nd half and it was 95 ... I would assume cramping would be a major issue ... That said, wouldnt surprise me if some were stalling either

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Most def, its a bit of both.

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Looks like Sherman learned the Kubes during his time with the Texans... play awesome for one half and then completely suck the second.

12. aggie87

aggie87 Member

why isn't anyone putting blame on Tim Dryuter....I know Von Miller called him a wizard and all, but he completely disappointed me in the 3rd quarter

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Game was on him.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i can still hear the choking sounds from 90 miles away.

15. RocketManJosh

Thats it? I still hear it in California

16. astros99

I read somewhere on ESPN when they asked sherman why he abandoned the running game in the 2nd half he said that he didn't..Surprised at that response, its fairly obvious that he didnt run the ball as much in the 2nd half

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I couldn't follow the game closely because I was in the gym but was able to watch many of the plays. Did their defense play more conservatively in the 3rd quarter or was it just a matter of not being mentally prepared? Either way you look at it, seems like the coaching staff flamed and burned their chance of winning.

18. astros99

Seemed like they were just confused/tired/didn't know what to do all around. I wouldn't say they were being conservative. With OSU's up tempo offense seems like the TAMU defense had trouble getting the signals in fast and they just didn't know what to do. But yeah, I blame both sherman and deruyter for this one.

1 person likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

with the other thread closed I would just like to say a&m sucks. Thanks

20. RocketManJosh

Ugh!! This season is falling apart fast.

Looks like Swope, Judie, and Steven Campbell may be out against Arky and Jonathan Mathis is gone for the season.

Those are some huge losses and Judie sure would have helped in the Defensive Backfield against the OSU and Arky considering they have the best WR corp that we face all year, minus OU.