1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron.com - Justice] McHale has ability to lead by example

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Jun 28, 2011.

1. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/7629705.html#ixzz1QZQQ7lx7

Commentary
    McHale has ability to lead by example

By RICHARD JUSTICE
    Copyright 2011 Houston Chronicle
    June 27, 2011, 11:31PM

[​IMG]
    Rockets coach Kevin McHale is happy to be getting back into the "arena" with his new team.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/7629705.html#ixzz1QZQdd3Se

2. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Seems like a nice guy. Might not be a great strategy guy but definitely a player's coach.

3. Damion Laverne

Even though I despise Richard Justice with a passion, I liked this article; The Slippery Eel seems really upbeat and optimistic about this opportunity to coach; he seems like he is willing to work.

4. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

Do you think Hakeem O. and Moses Malone would be good assistant coaches???:eek:. Think of the Trainers for Motiejunas , they could get him playing center and really teach him.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

And the red koolaid PR blitz continues...

6. Prince

Prince Member

sign of boredom.

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

McHale is brought in to develop and motivate these youngsters. Thats how hes going to be judged.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

This guy is our Rudy T reborn. Good article.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Given what 2Pat said about KMac, I am feeling increasingly happy with him. I respect a coach willing to get down and dirty with his players to the point where he has to tape up his bad ankles after practice. He also comes with an incredible amount of credibility on the player side, being a big man who has literally gone through every possible aspect of a player's career; rings, hall of fame status, injuries, leadership, and history. When he says he has been where every player has gone or will go, it is the honest truth. As for his time with the Wolves harming his reputation? Come on guys... IT IS THE WOLVES. They will tarnish anyone and everyone's reputation.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

That's what I thought, too. I hope we're right.

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

I wonder if K-Mac could give us a couple spot minutes as a player.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Mchale will lead us to wearing green alternate jerseys ....book it!.........by the way kevin if u can read this somehow I loved you in your episode of cheers!

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Listening to the players talking about McHale is encouraging. Listening to him talk is encouraging. The players interviewed thus far are clearly excited about him which is positive. How all this good karma translates to the court is yet to be seen. How many months till November?

I get a "Rudy" impression from McHale's interviews, it is a similar vibe; can't objectify the feeling, but for some reason he brings me back to some very good memories of Rudy T. Wouldn't it be something if it "all came together" under this guy's leadership. One can dream.

And that is all that is missing here: another "dream."

14. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

The statement that interested me the most:

"I've never really had a big guy that hasn't gotten better" - Kevin McHale

Hoping he's our next Rudy T. is a bit too lofty for me at this point. What I do hope is that he becomes Doug Collins-esqe developing our young players and integrating our progression from the previous mid season. If McHale can do that, it's not a far stretch to think we can get back into the playoffs.