1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I thought that last video from Motiejunas was fairly impressive. He looks pretty dang quick and he showed a good feel around the rim. Of course, I am aware there was 0 defense or physical presence trying to disrupt him.

I will be stoked with either Biyombo or Motie.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Interesting. While I like Biyombo, I think that would be the correct move. I think they will address their shot blocking center elsewhere(trade). Montiejunas would be a dream prospect for Mchale. Biyombo is a huge boom or bust gamble.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Moti was a projected top 5 pick as late as last season. His stock fell but he's obviously got a higher ceiling than his current projected pick slot. If we get him we'll be drafting a guy with a very high ceiling.

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

We won't get it until 2013 at the earliest. Griz traded their 2011 pick, so they couldn't have traded their 2012 pick.

5. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Motiejunas has all the talent to be the #1 pick. That is not his problem. His problem is his consistently poor attitude and work ethic on every team he plays on.

6. AFS

AFS Member

Ah, I stand corrected.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

This draft will have at least one gem from the PGs and the Euro Bigs who will be available from 20s to 40s. Morey needs to get one from each group.

PGs.

Morris, M.Lee, Shumpert

Euro Bigs:

Donatas, Vuvevic, Mirotic

I really really want one of those 6'5 pgs, one of those 3 might turn out to be gold. Also, one of these Euro prospects may turn out o be gold as well. If anyone can pick the best from each category - its Morey. I hope Morey and Les are ready to start digging.

9. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

This is the main reason why'd I pick Biyombo over Donatas every day.

10. valorita

valorita Member

The problem is I think some team will reach for Biyombo ahead of our #14 and Motiejunas will slip.
    From watching him play, I think that he has the strong competitive fire to succeed but is full of bad habits.

I can see Morey trading down from #14 to #15+#42 and still end up taking the guy he wanted.

11. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Why draft someone to play center that can not play defense and refuses to rebound? Montiejunas is a 7 foot tall small forward who does not have the mental make up or desire to play in the post.

13. wadero

wadero Member

So let him Play SF!!!! he could grow to a Dirk tyype player in thr future. He would be better than our current SF. We need the best player at 14 whether he is a PG, SF, PF, Sg or What we need a Center!!!!!!

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Seem's like Morey must really like Motiejunas...

http://www.thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=750

15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

That can change, he has a lot of talent.

16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Donatas is not the answer to our problems, we will just be drafting a good player with huge upside something Morey said he would be looking for in our assets. We still need a center and I have a strong feeling Vucevic is gonna be there at 23, if we draft those 2 our height problems will disappear.

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Does anyone know if moneyball favors offensive players? I could've sworn that I read Morey has a different set of stats to evaluate defense.

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think I've settled on hoping for Motiejunas.. possibly even more than Biyombo. I'm a fan of the offensive potential with him being 7'0" and left-handed.

He's a 20 year old 7 footer with lots of potential offensively. He's not a banger, sure, but he's only 20 years old -- plenty of time for the Rockets to develop/drill him on defensive concepts. At the worst, he can stick his hands straight up and disrupt more shots than our current 6'6 center does.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Besides, I very much doubt they would be drafting him to play center anyways. To be their franchise player? That, maybe. There are other ways to get a center.

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

14:Vuvecic (However you spell his name)
    23:Jeremy Tyler or Darius Morris
    38:Jimmy Butler