1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Jan 8, 2011.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I believe it. He was shooting everything short.

2. TheGoldenGreek

I still want Motiejunas at #14

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Excuses.:rolleyes:

4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Its all part of the plan, :p

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I kind of believe him. It's one thing if he's missing all over the place, but he was pretty consistently missing it short, which is what happens when you shoot around after lifting. I just don't think an NBA prospect that is known to be a good jump shooter can be that bad opening wide open jumpers. Maybe I'm just naive.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

*hitting

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Exactly my thoughts, it's hard to shoot after heavy lifting. But still, not more than two baskets in a row the entire five minutes? Serious doubts about his work ethic.

1 person likes this.
  8. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

my first post

well i had enough of espn message boards so i cam here and signed up... as my first post i would like to say that this to me is Morey's last shot at producing something for me to believe he can get something done!

I'm ready for the draft.. with 2 picks i'd like to see us move up but if we cant i would LOVE jonas valanciunas at 14 and since the draft is weak i would address the most pressing need at #23... whatever that would be in morey's eyes..

1 person likes this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Someone really BIG and TALL, English optional.

1 person likes this.
  10. The83rdWonder

The83rdWonder Member

Chad Ford:

Rockets like Motiejunas?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Who do you expect Morey to draft? He has done exceptionally well in the draft.

12. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

If we are to sacrifice a piece like Martin or Scola in order to move up then I would like a 2 way player in return. Kawhi Leonard or Jan Vesley makes a lot of sense if we were to get a pick ranging from 5-10. Biyombo makes sense if he falls down to 14 and if we dont have to give up anything in return.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I want to get 2 or even 3 ( I just wonder if we will use all three picks?) young players this draft while dealing Scola. They can always sit in the D-League and marinate awhile if needed. I know this is crazy, but Jimmer Fredette is killing in his workouts. Athletically he is testing and demonstrating a lot more ability than people thought. I just see him being a starting PG one day and a great spark for the first few years.

Fredette@14
    Singleton/Tobias Harris/Donatas Montiejunas @23

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

My prediction is Markieff Morris at 14,23 not sure. Scola's injury plus the potential risk of injury to PP and the possibility of Hayes leaving in FA,makes Markieff a safe choice here. Hill has been disappointing,and is not likely to improve much. Tyler could go at 23,but I doubt it.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I really hope we don't go with Markieff... I agree he is a safe pick, but I would go with one of the guys in early/mid teens with more potential.

Fredette/Harris/Thompson

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thompson is more explosive and has more potential,but is a bit more raw. I could see DM picking him up, I don't mind that.

Jimmer would be my choice,the only thing here is his lack of defense and poor finishing. He does seem like a kid who wants to improve. Harris is young and intelligent,but his jumper is weak.

I see him as a tweener who could struggle defensively at the 3 and 4. He could be a better Jared Dudley who I like. I think Markieff as a better pro than Harris.

17. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

This Chad Ford is a total moron.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm not expecting to trade up in this draft. At this rate, i am just hoping that one of Biyombo or Valanciunas falls to our spot.

19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

What would we have to throw in to get Washington to trade us the #6 and #18 picks. We're talking a 2 for 2 trade plus a player/pick. Is it worth it?

Granted, its a little late in the lottery at 6 considering what's available. I'm kind of hoping we grab Hamilton at 14 as is. If we trade up, it'd probably be for a Euro big. They all look the same to me and its not like I wake up early to watch a bunch of white guys set picks. I watch hockey for that. Oh except for the feathery jumpers.

20. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Sam Amick mock draft 3.0

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/06/14/mock.draft.3/index.html#ixzz1PHExWS66