1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justice: McHale should talk to, not iso, Les Alexander

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 7, 2011.

1. conquistador#11

It was the writer of wrongs that reported Lex being upset that Rick didn't own a house in Houston and that was almost a year ago.
    Justice doesn't really bother me that much. He can be entertaining on the radio. I just try not to read his blahhhgs.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

For sure. By the time the Rockets' PR machine is finished, they'll have elevated McHale up there with Phil Jackson. Actually, this would be really funny if it wasn't so obvious and predictable.

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

all coaches, no matter which level they are at and which sport they are in, always see involvement from others as guesture of questioning their coaching capabilities. i had similar experience with my daughter swimming coach.

kevin was a gm so he might have better way to communicate with les.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. Question for those who say this is "PR spin": So, which of the factual assertions by Richard Justice do you believe to be false? What do you believe to be the correct "spin free" version of the facts? Are you saying that Adelman and Van Gundy did, in fact, communicate with Alexander very regularly but the Rockets organization hired Justice to say otherwise?

2, When did Jeff Van Gundy become a part of the Leslie Alexander PR machine?

3. Alexander owned the Rockets since 1993. Van Gundy has been a head coach since 1996. Adelman has been a head coach since 1988. It seems interesting to me that they never found out about each other's communication style and preference even before each of the coahes was hired.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

who cares, les your roster sucked, adelman over achieved, what did he need to tell you

6. Nook

Nook Member

They can find 10 minutes every other week to talk to the owner.

I have never heard anyone say Les is anything other than easy to work for.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

two way street....if les wanted more communication he should have said it. If the coaches were confrontational, then Les should have explained things, so that they could have had a better relationship.

The PR spin is that the ex-coaches seem to be getting all of the blame as a way to explain why this new hire will work differently. Les, to me, seems more confrontational than RA or JVG.

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

According to Les, another coach would've won more and the Rockets would've been in the playoffs this year.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

then what's the point of talking?

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

How many times do I have to tell you we were 5 games under 0.500 pre-Brooks trade before guys like you get it? We weren't overachieving under Adelman, we were underachieving, and the post-trade performance bears that out. Unless you think finishing 5 games under 0.500 is overachieving, then stop saying RA caused this team to overachieve.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Clutchfans facts:

1. Rick Adelman is a HOFer
    2. Rick Adelman's brilliant coaching has covered up the incompetence of Morey.
    3. The Rockets won 65 games last year because of Adelman
    4. Morey relies 100% on statistics and wants to be the coach and GM.
    5. Les Alexander is a control freak.

1 person likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

when you don't have an all star on your team yes 5 games over .500 is over achieving

13. Carl Herrera

Were they overachieving before the trade deadline, too, when they were 5 games under .500?

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not having this argument again, its stupid, they're in the west with no all star with a winning record

15. Carl Herrera

If their record had been better in the first half of the season, one of them might have gotten an All Star nod.

All Star is not an objective measure of player quality, but often the result of a popularity contest. Whether or not a player is an All Star is often a poor measurement of his talent and performance.

16. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

How about telling him what specifically about his roster sucks and in what areas Les would need to make changes to get the team to the level that Les desires? Jesus dude, is it really that appalling that the owner wants to know exactly what's going on with his business? The owner isn't happy about not making the playoffs and wants to fix things, but if his employees won't communicate with him and tell him what needs fixing, he's got a right to be bothered by that.

17. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Who says he doesn't? It sounded to me like Van Gundy knew Les wanted to speak on a consistent basis, and decided not to.

18. Nook

Nook Member

SHUT UP! You work for Les Alexander I bet.

Adelman took a 10 win team and turned it into a 43 win juggernaut.

I am sure teams will be knocking down Adelman's door to coach their team: Lakers, Warriors or someone will kill to have him!

If Les wanted input from his coaches he should have begged them, Adelman was too busy coaching up the Rockets.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

May be a bit of a spin, but interesting article. Confirms the disconnect between the owner and two previous coaches. I am not a fan of Les because the team has declined under his leadership. He may not be totally responsible but he is ultimately responsible. Nevertheless, I agree with his perspective that he should be in the loop and have access to the coach. Obviously. McHale is not a sourpuss like Van Gundy and Adelman. He actually reminds me of Rudy which is a good thing. Didn't think he was the best among the candidates, but he may prove me wrong. I hope he does. A quality big would make everyone look good.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he already does that with morey i thought. so adelman goes in there and says i don't agree with morey, then what?