1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Saying goodbye to Adelman feels like the right move

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha exactly. Where are all those who were just within the last day blasting Morey, wanting to fire him, etc. Seeing a lot of "Agree", "nice article", blah blah blah. Funny :) but continue on...

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

if Brooks and Bat weren't traded, we might have not have the run we had after the all-star break...thats the only point Adelman has against him

3. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Is that you Morey?

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Clutch, help me to understand this:

Adelman has been saying that he wanted to come back to coach THIS GROUP OF PLAYERS. Even at the very end, he said that there was room for a possible return for him. Sounds to me that Adelman was not as "win-now" as it is supposed. Sounds to me he was ready to grow with this team.

He can't be so dense to think that this team can contend if things are done his way, can he?

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Adelman is proven, Les and Morey aren't. I like Morey a lot as a talent scout but he hasn't proven anything yet. Before anyone claims Les brought us two championships, he walked in on the first one, and Drexler pushed his way to Houston for the second one.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I can't argue with that.

7. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I'm okay with moving on or forward, my concern is that it appears to me that morey is over valueing the talent on this team. For him to say this is the best job available is just olson stupid. This is a decent job for a young coach, but no way would an established coach take this job with hopes of winning a title.

8. Raven

Raven Member

9. Jimes

Jimes Member

Good points, although I would have liked to have another go at it with Adelman next year as much as everyone thinks we're so far away. I'm just mad that a man does his job as well as can be expected and this is what he gets.

I think we are going to end up with a coach whose philosophies are more in line with Les and Morey... but worse overall. I hope I'm wrong!

10. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well it wouldn't be smart for Adelman to say he doesn't want to come back while he's coaching the team. It wouldn't be smart on his part.

Either way, it was the right choice. My only issue I have is Morey better actually commit to rebuilding. That means trading Scola and possibly K-Mart. You can't rebuild having large contracts tying up the salary cap and holding players back like PatPat. If they're plan is to get younger, they need to make those two things happen. This draft may not be strong but 2012 will be a different story.

11. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spot on... Saw a lot of poster blast Donnymost, Reeko, and a few others over saying it was the right move.

1 person likes this.
  12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Easy again.

It seems more people (including Les) were assuming Adelman wanted to leave more than he ever let on himself. Maybe he did always want to leave after the season ended, but I definitely never got that impression.

13. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

"but my hunch is the Rockets will place a priority on finding a coach that will work in harmony with the front office, possessing these types of qualities: young, hungry, open-minded, innovative, focused on player development and not turned off by basketball analytics."

My guess is Elston Turner.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Ok Clutch,

with all that written, what do you think happens to Kevin Martin and Scola?

And with all that said, we were a healthy Yao away from being a top 4 seed. That's it. One guy. So, my opinion if the "rebuild" is not going to be a total breakdown. I can see Scola going. But I don't really think Martin is gonna go yet, unless it becomes obvious that we are stuck in mediocrity next season.

I still believe that we could add a SF and a good big man and be a top 4 seed in the West. Call me stupid.

15. Raven

Raven Member

What I want to know is where Clutch stands on rebuilding. Trade our vets for picks before the season begins or tread water in the hopes of making some blockbuster move at the deadline?

Me, I hope the youth movement begins before the season starts. For the Rockets to have a decent chance of landing a 2012 top three pick, the losing needs to start in November not March.

16. DCkid

It's not really the youth movement since the team is already young. Let's just call it the sucking movement.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VastXQ_hPb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets already suck, just not enough to get a top three pick, and that's the problem.

19. Dei

Dei Member

I think you should've emphasized more on why there was a disconnect.

20. DCkid

Fine if that's what you think. I'm just correcting your implication that the team is old. How about the sucking more movement?