1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre, Dalembert or Chandler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

IIRC, DeAndre Jordan is a RFA, whereas Dalembert and Chandler will be UFA's. DeAndre is considerably younger and less polished. Dalembert and Chandler are both in their late 20's (I think 29 and 28 respectively). Their production is eerily similar. I think Chandler got more PT, but Dalembert logged more bpg. Both are strong on the boards.

Questions:

1. What will be their relative costs?
    2. Who would you rather have on the Rockets?

Funny, I used to think that Chandler was a significantly better player than dalembert. I think it's a wash and both would be tremendous gets for the organization.

that said, I think you have want DeAndre Jordan first, as he is only 22. His numbers are slightly worse on the boards, but he is learning the game whereas the other two are finished products.

what's the best guess as to how much we could offer DeAndre Jordan, if we renounced yao and chuck hayes?

2. lild713

lild713 Member

Be nice to have DeAndre and Chandler But i go for DeAndre Hes young and PROVING ALOT AND THIS IS HOMETOWN AND HES DREAM TO PLAY HERE!!!

3. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

I think I'd take Jordan.

Young, cheaper, and looks like he can do a lot for us.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Whoever gives us the best chance to net Dwight Howard by the deadline.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who knows what the new CBA will be?

Under the current CBA, DeAndre Jordan is probably worth about a 5 year $55 mil contract (I think that's about what a 22-23 year old Tyson Chandler got in his first non-rookie deal).

The Rockets have about $46 mil guaranteed obligations next year, the current cap under the existing CBA is $58 mil So, under the current CBA terms, they would be able to offer up to about $12 mil as a starting salary (with annual increases). Of course, they can always clear cap rooms by trading relatively young and cheap non-rotation guys (Squid, Hill, maybe even Thabeet) away.

And by the way, they are not renouncing Chuck Hayes. They'll find away to dump Squid or Beet before renouncing Chuck.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

1. Jordan ~10.5mil, Dalembert ~$7mil, Chandler ~$9mil
    2. DeAndre Jordan

I wouldn't touch Dalembert or Chandler. I don't think either would be worth those type of numbers, but that's what I expect them end up being paid.

I'm not as high as others on Jordan, but I'd probably take the risk, thinking that if doesn't fit in like we'd hope, we still could trade him later on like we did with Ariza.

How much we'll be able to spend will obviously depend on the new CBA.
    Should a hard cap be implemented I could see the cap go as high as $65mil, which would give the Rockets enough room to sign Jordan and re-sign Chuck.

7. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I would like to see them offer Thabeet, Hill + 1st round pick for Deandre. I would prefer a sign and trade if available, that way if he was to accept a higher offer than ours, LA could match it and trade him to Houston. My only question about that is if he has the mental strength to play in his Hometown.

8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

No way any team will give DeAndre Jordan a 5 year $55 mil contract

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Think again, my friend:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=6304692

10. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Well, knowing Morey's track record we'll end up with none of these players:rolleyes:

11. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

Marc Gasol is ultimate prize. Young center still with upside. Has shown to be solid, but I think he will explode on Houston Rockets…away from Ball Hog Z-Bo…now with beautiful team basketball where fans await for new big man hero.

Best for Houston to bring young players. Chandler and Dalembert are good for NY and Miami who are ready for contend now. But best for Houston to think long term and bring young player who can grow with team for years to come. So Jordan is second option, but I do not really like.

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't want any of those guys. Chandler and Dalembert are too old to be of any use to us. DeAndre Jordan is as dumb as a bag of marbles. I know people ooh and aah over his potential - but I see his potential as being just somewhat above that of Stromile Swift. You cannot be an elite basketball player and be a complete moron. You have to be able to understand the schemes, positioning, etc etc.

Sure, DeAndre Jordan can put up some numbers on a terrible team like the Clippers, but I'm not convinced he can contribute to winning team at all. And it's a shame. I'd love for the answer at the middle to be a hometown boy who can block shots. I just don't see it.

#12 Williamson, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  13. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

This. But if I had to choose I would go with Chandler.

14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

DeAndre.. more upside

15. MONON

MONON Member

My choice is Jordon. However with him being a RFA, I think the Clippers would match any offer he receives. But then again we are dealing with Sterling, who doesn't like to pay big money.

16. blackistan

blackistan Member

chandler bc hes more experienced but i def wouldnt mind jordan

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

even though i leaning toward dalembert but because of DeAndre's youth, i'll take deandre

18. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

DeAndre Jordan.

19. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Don't see us getting Chandler. After the season, there's no way he's going to lose the "Mark Cuban signs a big man to a ridiculous contract" sweepstakes. See: Haywood, Brendan and Dampier, Erick

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Chandler plays like he 37 years old.