1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. CCorn

CCorn Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3a6G2rcC4tc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

for people who claim lebron chokes: here's a CLUTCH stat for you (and yes, even lebron is human)

BOSTON -- LeBron James was at the foul line with the Heat down two points and 12.5 seconds to go. Believe it or not, there was no player in the league who was better to have in that spot.

Heading into that moment, James was 20-for-20 on free throws during the final minute when the score was within five points this season. According to ESPN Stats and Information Department, that mark was the best in the league. The only player close was the Mavericks’ Jason Terry, who was 16-of-16.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoopmiamiheat/post/_/id/4475/lebrons-rare-clutch-missed-free-throw

so he's actually the best in the clutch when it comes to those fts. he just missed one yesterday; nobody's perfect. if the same situation arises, he'll knock them down.

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

You know, now that I think about it, that's the only buzzer-beater I've ever seen LeBron do. Can you find a clip of another?

I can think of several from the likes of Kobe and Wade, though.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Derrick Rose has a better chance of winning MVP this season.

LeBron isn't going to win MVP this season.

5. Steve_Francis_rules

Facts don't matter. You can make stats say anything. Lechoke is a choker. [/end kobe fanboy rant]

But seriously, thanks for posting. That's an interesting stat. I wonder how some of the other top players in the league stack up. Dirk is one who seems to get worse from the free throw line in the clutch, but that's just a feeling I get from having seen him miss a few key free throws over the years.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Uh, final minute with the score "within five points" is not even close to the same situation as 12 seconds left and down 2. Complete swing and a miss there.

7. t_mac1

um yea, they have specific stats for being down 12 seconds left and down 2 bro.

stephen jackson just hit a buzzer beater this year. is he now just as clutch as kevin durant?

derrick winning would be a better story, but he's not more valuable than lebron.

the guy impacts his team on both ends, and doing it with high efficiency. derrick rose has more help than you think, esp defensively due to that coaching staff.

8. parmesh

parmesh Member

Called it.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

IIRC 14.5M is pretty much max money already. If not its like only a million or so below the max.

10. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Lebron James had 9 turnovers last year when he got knocked out by Boston?

How is that stat for you:???? YAHHH MAN!!! REALLY CLUTCH!!!!!!! Is that a good stat??? GET OFF HIS JOCK!

It's called choking. Something Lebron has done the last 2 seasons when it matters.

11. t_mac1

a guy named kobe shot 7-24 in game 7 bro. was that clutch enough for ya?

12. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

that guy has 5 rings too. 2 Finals MVPs

Your guy has ZERO wins in the finals.

IF, BUT, HE HAD, THEY HAD

blah blah

9 turnovers is a playoff failure

13. Steve_Francis_rules

You're giving Kobe too much credit. He shot 6-24.

14. supdudes

supdudes Member

....as opposed to someone who passes up big shots. He who swings big misses big

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Yay biases and preconceived notions without factual substantiation, yaaaaaaay

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What should I do?...

Maybe I should nail the shot when the game is on the line?.. Nah, lemme just blame Cleveland... Sounds like a plan!

17. HoustonRockets

why didn't D-Wade get the ball at all in the clutch moments? Bosh had it and turned it over to Billups, Lebron gets blocked on the layup, and Lebron misses the same 3 he missed vs the Bulls.

18. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

[​IMG]

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Exactly! I don't get it... Melo and Amar'e don't even know what defense is and somehow they came through when the game was on the line. Bronny, give the ball to your husband next time. Basketball is a men's game.

20. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

He's shooting .333 in clutch time. And that almost bottoms the list.
    http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM