1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] The Day T-Mac Lost the City of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2009.

1. TranMcGrady

TranMcGrady Member

I couldn't have said it any better. If you hate Tracy McGrady good for you, but it is pointless to keep making threads about him and unloading your hate on the guy. I am also sick of people calling him names, like T-Wack, Stacy McGrady, or T-Lazy. It is immature and stupid if you think about it.

I am pretty sure me and everyone else will disagree. Yao's personality is different than Tracy's and that is why most people hate on Tracy more than Yao even though both of them are injury prone. Most people hate on Tracy because of isolated incidents that happened last year. Can you really flame up a guy on isolated incidents? The guy was hurt, do you really expect him to play or be perfect? The decision on whether Tracy was going to play or not was BOTH Tracy's and the Rockets'. They both agreed it would be best for the team AND him if he continued to play, but we all know it wasn't.

2. lived

lived Member

When has Yao ever shown disinterest while on the court? The guy tries his best each time and I haven't found an incident to make be question his passion for the game or commitment to winning with this team.

I don't have a problem supporting players on the team even in a bad season. What I can't do is to support players who quite clearly are disinterested in contributing.

3. TranMcGrady

TranMcGrady Member

McGrady has always been great in the playoffs. He has always been great when healthy too. In the playoffs when the Tracy McGrady and the Rockets show up, it is very fun to watch, but when you have Tracy McGrady showing up and nobody else, it ends up in a loss and everybody blaming Tracy. Don't get me wrong the Jazz did play a great game that night so don't take any credit away from them, but statistically nobody else showed up that night besides Tracy McGrady and Scola. (Maybe Novak too)

1 person likes this.
  4. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

5. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Yes, Mcgrady made a mistake on defense by not preventing the Moon dunk.But have we forgot D-Wade's transition defense when the Heat played the Lakers on national tv and JVG and Mark Jack Jackson pointed that out.

Rergardless of the free agency this summer, whether the fans want Bosh, or Joe Johnson, in a few years certain fans will bash them like when Francis was here and 610 am radio almost ridicule his play every game. Even when Hakeem was past his prime,I hear fans bash him pretty bad. I hope everything works for T-mac but who ever is the next superstar besides Yao, certain fans would never really be satisfied

1 person likes this.
  6. Chiron

Chiron Member

Ok...this is what T-MAc should have done...

T: Coach you need to send in a sub...my knee/ankle is hurting

Coach: Ok T....we will send in von

Instead...we see a selfish player give up on his team... Chemo this cancer asap!

Clutch: :grin:

7. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Exactly.

McGrady always shows up and plays his hardest when the team needs him the most and when it meant the most.
    Everyone knows he played with two injuries that series and tried his best to help the team win.

If thats the McGrady were gonna get come playoff time, I want him on this Rockets team and I cant wait to see him play like that again.

8. Chiron

Chiron Member

With two knee surgeries those days are gone...

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

if you mean great as in stupid, then yeah it was a great point.

10. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Ive seen those videos of him practising 1 on 1 post ups that were posted earlier, he looks close to being as athletic as he was in that Jazz playoff series.
    If you don't believe me go see for yourself - his timing on his shots and layups are way off but he looks quick, hes got elevation on his shot, and you can see him dunking it lazily as well.

11. Chiron

Chiron Member

I agree with you that he is healthy...

But, at the age of 30 with two surgeries he is not the player he once was. 13 in 33 was a long, long time ago. Giving T-Mac mins vs our younger players is not worth it.... we are not a championship team this year.

12. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Yeah, except that WHOLE year, the same haters who are posting this kind of stuff NOW, THEN were accusing him of faking his injuries and being a p***y for not sucking it up and being on the court.

He's only 20-something, he made all those heart-felt promises preseason, he'd already been injured a lot and been accused all over the place of just being lazy and not really being injured-- you expect that not to mess with his head.

He made a bad decision. Coach made a bad decision going with him on that bad decision. Simple as that.

Tracy corrected that bad decision the day he decided to suck it up, take the flak he knew he was gonna get, and get microfracture surgery.

Coach is correcting his bad decision RIGHT NOW, by doing what good coaches do and holding Tracy in check until he's really ready to go.

What's the problem?

13. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

thats what people seem to forget. two seasons ago is when the nagging knee injury started up, along with the shoulder. T-mac did play quite a bit even though he had a shoulder brace, and he had to take pain killers for his knee, but people dont want to remeber that. He didnt have to come back early after surgery, and he didnt have to take the safest one so he could return the next season, but people dont want to remember that. No they will wait till this guy eventually has to give in to a problem that isnt getting any better, and it took him @ half a seasons and and offseason to figure that out. he shouldnt have been on the court, but he decided to play anyway. That toronto game may show mcgrady giving up, but it isnt until after a long battle for him trying to get back to the player he wanted to be.

14. Chiron

Chiron Member

Flack for not telling his TEAM... the rockets. It's 5 guys not a 30 year old with bad knees.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thought Clutch had a little bit more class than that, posting this after 11 months just to flame McGrady is pretty poor.
    It´s not his fault the team didn´t play well when he was healthy.
    He gave 100% on the court and put up great performances, especially in the playoffs. To blame him for our playoff losses is pretty idiotic.

16. Chiron

Chiron Member

Good for him... now its time to go. Those Magic fans were so right... this drama queen needs to go.

17. Chiron

Chiron Member

Its about time Rockets fans stood up to T-Mac fans!

18. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

That's a minor point and you know it and can't account for all the hate he gets on these boards. Case in point, the article that started this thread was not about that.

Coach called him on that, and he admitted his mistake and apologized. I agree that was wrong, but it's not why people are hating him.

People are hating him for a mistake he made because he was trying to please us.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Scanning this Thread still leaves me with the thought that if (WHEN?) he is traded we will sorely miss his talent.

Must McG be traded? That answer IMHO is what the playing/hustling/work-a-holic guys believe in their hearts of hearts.

Where should McG be traded? The real answer, again IMHO, is to Minny. He would make them relevant in their market and Kahn could work out the re-signing or SnT or whatever at end of season (Blount/Cardinal/Sessions/Rubio - McG makes an awful lot of sense to me both ways; and yes, that means either a simultaneous 2:1 deal or cutting Cook or Blount or Cardinal).

I truly wish this mess get sorted; and that the Rox actually come out long on the deal.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Everybody deserves a second chance. You don't have to welcome him with open arms but I think he should get a chance to redeem himself. Before last season, he has been on good behavior. That should count for something. I mean, its not like he skipped an entire game for the Super Bowl :grin:. But I stand by the team on whatever they do with this situation. TMac or no TMac.