1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Every NBA Team's 2020 Free-Agency Big Board“

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2893319-every-nba-teams-2020-free-agency-big-board

What would y’all think about adding Joe Harris or Tony Snell?

Houston Rockets

[​IMG]
    Issac Baldizon/Getty Images

• Joe Harris
    • Jae Crowder
    • Tony Snell
    The Houston Rockets have gone to great pains and leveraged some extreme roster-managing creativity to avoid the luxury tax. Since they're likely to be right up against it again next season, there's no guarantee they'll even use their exceptions.

Let's imagine they wind up below the tax line and have the full mid-level at their disposal. In that scenario, Houston should focus on catch-and-shoot threats to surround James Harden. If that plan sounds familiar, it's because it's the same one Houston has had for the past several years.

Joe Harris is probably out of Houston's price range, but his agent should be Daryl Morey's first call. Backup options include Jae Crowder, Tony Snell and virtually every other three-point shooting wing we've listed.

If the Rockets are stuck with only the taxpayer's mid-level (and choose to spend it, incurring further tax pain), Snell might be the best they can do.

pippendagimp likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

FernTits broke AF

Deckard, jdiggidy, amaru and 5 others like this.
  3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The NBA finds profits unpredictable and non-worthy. Owners disband league and move their money into other ventures.....

bilaal14 likes this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Well its not going to be Joe Harris, cause Daryl Morey hates whites. lol

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like 6'6 Joe Harris!

Not 1st choice because Rockets need a longer 3-D player (6'9+ with 7'0+ wingspan). But he would add another 3ball shooter (41%) and sticky defender.

Harris is an upgrade to House IMO.

But a cheaper version is 6'7 Ryan Broekhoff who is 40% 3ball shooter with greater wingspan (6'10 vs. 6'6), better above rim player, better rebounder.

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why did he sign Asik and Ryno then draft Parsons, DMo, Dekker and Hartenstein?

7. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are not even sure what the league is going to do next year in light of the pandemic on the economic side of the equation. There has been discussion of altering the tax line by negotiation.

Supposedly they were not adverse to paying the tax next year with a strong finish this season. At this point I don’t know if Tilman even knows what will happen.

Restaurants are a major vector for COVID spread and that is a large part of Tilman’s money. He has repeatedly said he separates the Rockets from his other holdings. They need to cover costs but he will spend when they do.

Also what I heard wasn’t that the Rockets primary focus was 3 point shooters (which is always a want) but very good and versatile defenders that could defend and play the 3-5.

I do agree that Gordon is a prime candidate for trade to get another athletic defender and maybe another player but I haven’t heard anything about it being a guarantee.

It isn’t likely but it is possible the Rockets can fill their defensive needs from free agency.

xiki, JayGoogle, Deckard and 8 others like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. riko

riko Member

Joel Harris will be out of our price range. I could a team with the cap in their favour offer him a very lucrative deal.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree that this should be the focus.

D-rock likes this.
  12. rocketseagles07

Joe Harris will be way out of our price range. I’d rather have Jerami Grant(who I also think we’ll be out of our price range) than any of the listed players.

D-rock likes this.
  13. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Do you think Rivers returns?

14. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

hello, my name is Moe Harkless.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like Harkless too but he wants to remain a Knick.

jch1911 likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

That is going to be a touchy subject because of inferences made last year by management ....

Deuce likes this.
  17. foggy94

foggy94 Member

You mean whether he gets the payday he was promised?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Yes. The payday that was inferred. I'm not sure ownership will want to do that.... depending on how this all shakes out.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is one of reasons I thought signing Tyler Johnson made sense.

snowconeman22, amaru and Nook like this.
  20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Rockets need to find a 4-5 who can defend and shoot the three

rocketseagles07 and D-rock like this.