1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harris County GOP Chair Elect isn’t a racist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CCorn, Jun 5, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Seems that many of the GOP chairs in Texas are having issues with racism as of late. Here's Comal County's GOP Chair:

[​IMG]

Here's one from Nueces County's Chair:

[​IMG]

And Bexar County's Chair:

[​IMG]

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

I guess after Trump the party will just go full tinfoil hat

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The number five has since gown to twelve... wouldn't be surprised if you simply said "all"...

“The posts, from chairs of some of the largest counties in Texas, suggested George Floyd’s death was staged to erode black support for Trump...The Texas Tribune identified similar posts from seven more GOP chairs across the state.”
    The rot goes deep.

Conspiracy theories and racist memes: How a dozen Texas GOP county chairs caused turmoil within the party

On Friday morning, five GOP county chairs were facing backlash for sharing racist social media posts. The Texas Tribune identified seven other GOP county chairs across the state who shared similar posts.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/05/texas-gop-chairs-racist-george-floyd/

FranchiseBlade, mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

where must these people be — mentally, morally — that this is something they would entertain? I ask that seriously.

The only answer I can come up with is they have such deeply held views about Trump and race, that they entertain anything that confirms or supports those views. That they are so blinded by their strongly held views that they can’t see objectively anymore and are incapable of considering the experience of Black America or seeing that racism is alive and well. The promotion of these idiotic theories is evidence of just that. And these are the Leaders of the Republican Party with real influence.

Gov abbot condemned this, but then in the next breath said this is a narrow problem, not a broad one. Just like the Republican Party line that the Floyd murder is one instance and not reflective of a broader societal racism or systemic injustice.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The funny thing is

Like 2% of this board knows where Harris County is
    @Reeko

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Banana for scale.

dachuda86 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

The true conservative values that @bigtexxx and @Trader_Jorge stand behind. Faith family and calling brown people monkeys. #MAGA

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His name is Jasper.

FranchiseBlade, RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't get the banana. Someone explain to me like I'm 5

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Seriously, how could anyone be this stupid? I guess he thought he was being really clever.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I didn't either at first until I really thought about it. Stupid me thought the thread title was serious at first because I just read the quote. Then it clicked. I lead a sheltered life.

Sorry guys. I get it now and certainly, I immediately got why it was offensive.

15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

CometsWin likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I mean, I get it at like a 5-yr-old level, but why on earth would anyone then post that on the internet? "Oh... plus here's a banana."

It's not funny. It's not clever. It's not subtle. It's very weird, regressive and nihilistic.

Or is there some tin-foil hat meaning to bananas now? Like Pepe the banana? Or Q-Anon has some deep philosophy of potassium now?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.fox26houston.com/video/735145

"If I hurt people, that was never my intent and I know I have hurt people. I hurt people in the black community, in the Jewish community and for that I'm truly sorry."

"I didn't take the time to write down what it meant to me. I forwarded it and that was my mistake. It was misinterpreted by other people as to what my intentions were."

"Going back to the office could potentially be a really toxic environment and I didn't want that to happen to an office I love."

"My hope is that we can reach towards each other, build a bridge, lift each other up instead of pulling each other apart."

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member