1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grant Napear fired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 2, 2020.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Responding to "Black Lives Matter" with "All Lives Matter" implies that you think the statement "Black Lives Matter" somehow means that other lives don't matter. And what it actually means is that you want to speak instead of listen, because something is making you uncomfortable.

2. raining threes

Maybe you can come up with those numbers for us.

You get paid for what you know/do in a capitalistic system. Regardless of race. I personally think what Robert Johnson said about reparations is the way to go. The money will always end up in people who are conservative with money's pockets anyways regardless of race.

3. raining threes

Anarchy is lessening the message of Floyd. I fully understand the cause but anarchy is why the message will end up falling on deaf ears just like so many times before.

You can deny this all you want. It is what it is.

4. raining threes

I'm perfectly comfortable.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  5. raining threes

All lives matter, we are all God's children.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Try running up to a funeral service and yell out "All people die!" Publicly declaring that "All lives matter" in this moment is the moral equivalent of that. Sure, it's true, but it takes away the focus of the problem and diminishes the anguish that people are feeling.

7. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Again, WRONG FORUM for trolling.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly it isn’t really debatable and the divide is widening and it is consistent regardless of education.

No you don’t always get paid for what you know/do. In many cases you get paid for who you know, what you look like and many other factors.

No, the money doesn’t always end up with those that are conservative. Money growth occurs when people invest well.

There are literally hundreds of studies that confirm the income and wealth inequality of blacks compared to whites in the USA. It is no better when adjusted for education either.

Here is one study for you though.
    https://www.epi.org/blog/stark-black-white-divide-in-wages-is-widening-further/

9. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Well put and that is a great analogy. Thank you.

10. raining threes

Seems like BLM needs to come up with a new name

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

“All Lives Matter” is every racist’s go-to response to BLM

bye Grant

this guy is either a closet racist or insanely tone deaf...likely a mix of both

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

So now that you're more or less educated on why BLM is BLM (as much as 3 pages of a thread in a basketball forum can 'educate' someone), your immediate and only thought is that they should change the name? Why? In spite of everything regarding BLM, your main focus is on the name?

Is...is that what your Christian upbringing taught you? Because you're making others with Christian upbringings, look really bad.

13. Cherenqueco

Cherenqueco Member

You troll yourself citing wikipedia as a viable source of info. Almost as bad as citing the communist news network, MSLSD, huffingpaint post, the failing NYT, the Washington compost....you get the point.

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I agree that we have a very serious police brutality, militarization, and accountability issue that is separate from a race issue. But we ALSO have a race issue.

"More" white people are killed because there are more white people... but with all else being equal, a black person is more likely to be killed by the police for the same behavior that a white person is. And they are more likely to get away with it.

UTSA2step likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

Sorry, but did you really just use the cops kill more whites than blacks as a way of disproving that there's no racial issue here? It's sad to see a lot of people not getting that it's actually not about the killing itself, it's about black people having to walk in fear of being questioned, pulled over or even apprehended (violently) for no reason. The attitude of cops towards blacks people is treating them as if guilty before proven so, assuming they have a gun for example, and treatment coming from a place of bias and fear because blacks are assumed to be more violent by nature (racist ideology), gang affiliated and especially in areas where people live pretty much segregated due to gentrification - thus leaving blacks in run down neighborhoods or "ghettos". With regards to the killing, there's of course the issue that blacks are more easily treated with disrespect and violence and how easily cops get off or white killers excused for their crimes, a sob story propagated in the media and in the end a black life is just not valued that much as a white life. This is also proven with the whole "black on black crime" narrative.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

So you come up with a claim (white people are killed by cops more than black people) and then when someone questions your statement, you ask the other party to come up with proof...to back your own words up?

Combination of laziness, ignorance and/or being a liar. Lazy because you can't be bothered to do the work yourself. Ignorance because you just spout statements without even really knowing if they're true. And liar because you come up with something that takes a particular stand...but you don't have any facts to back it up.

lol. Just...lol.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't think more white people are killed. If you look at the number of white people being killed within the given white population and the number of black people being killed in the given black population, I think there's a greater percentage on the black side.

For instance, if 5 salmon are killed (in a population of 100 salmon) and 2 trout are killed (in a population of 3 trout), then yes, more salmon are killed than trout...but the killing of trout would raise eyebrows more.

As to your second point, I just don't believe that's true. I'm not black, myself, but I doubt many situations would even get to "with all else being equal." Which is the point. There is hardly any equality.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Seems like y'all are saying similar things.
    Edit: "all else being equal" is statistical terminology used to identify the impacting variable, which here means even though in total more whites are killed by police, if you isolate for race, blacks have a higher probability of being killed by police.

19. raining threes

My African American friends (Many) made it out of poverty and not only improved their lives but their kids lives. While what you say is true about fear and being assumed guilty, and I'm not sure how to overcome this.
    I've seen the stats, they are what they are.

instead of having this attitude come up with what would be a fair resolution. I'm for the Robert Johnson plan but instead of GIVING every African American 350,000 dollars. I would GIVE them 171,000 dollars which is what the median white families avg savings. This would cost around 7.5 trillion dollars.

It's alot of money but I would be for paying it with the idea of no more excuses or govt handouts.

Also what are your thoughts defunding police depts? I think you would have the modern day version of the wild west. It wouldn't bother me at all since I'm stocked up and heavily armed. Thank God for the 2nd amendment.

20. raining threes

So all lives dont matter, if Wiki says it then it must be true.

The fact that this org couldn't come up with a better name for themselves says alot about them and how they view the world.