1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will have a huge advantage in coming play-offs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jun 3, 2020.

1. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Without our red colored fans, should we sign Ryno as free agent?

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

huh? Lol all star games are super packed

Jontro likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Not only that, but you put 200 famous people in one location. People are going to get in. What's going to happen is some black kid is going to sneak in and when he approaches King Lebron for an autograph a white cop is going to beat him down. It could be a perfect storm if the kid gets Corona.

Jontro likes this.
  4. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

This is actually an interesting question: which teams benefit and suffer most from the COVID break? Obviously the home court teams don't get a real advantage, but what about other factors?

I think the Rockets do benefit by getting Gordon healthy and allowing one of the most overworked players in the league (Harden) to get a break.

The Nets could benefit MASSIVELY or not at all depending on whether KD and/or Kyrie come back. To a lesser extent, same with the Blazers if they get back Nurkic and Collins. Maybe the same for the Pacers and getting Oladipo closer to 100%.

I think it probably hurt the Thunder, who were on a roll before the shutdown. Hopefully the Rockets can pass them and move up a spot before the playoffs start.

Sen89 and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Your anti-Austin Rivers agenda is almost as disturbing as your Danuel House fetish.

saleem likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I’m unhappy that our guys are going to play in Florida, instead of Houston. It’s still NBA basketball. Go Houston Rockets!

D-rock likes this.
  7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't know what's so disastrous about not having crowds... Yeah, fan excitement can add some atmosphere and intensity to games, but the main product and it's appeal would still be in tact without anyone in the stands. You still get to watch top tier athletes battle it out in high stakes games. I'm not sure what the issue is.

If anything, it could be a really interesting [if short lived] experiment to see how the elimination of such a thing as "home court advantage" and travel impacts each team.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

what I'm hoping is they allow the world the hear what actually is being said by these guys during games. I'm not sure they will though since it's so much constant trash talk and explicit words. That and hearing all the systematic communications between these guys is really fun to hear. maybe a delayed feed that sensor explicit's out but that is actually going to be a lot of muting to do. Desean Jackson mentioned earlier this week if the nfl won't have fans for their season, he hopes the fans get to hear what all that's said between those white lines on gamedays.

SuperMarioBro likes this.
  9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

You actually expect a team who lost to the Hornets, Suns, Pistons, Kings, a Warriors team full of scrubs, Magic and the Knicks to win the NBA championship? I want whatever you're smoking.

10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Hadn't thought of that. It's not unlike how Denver and Utah have an advantage over visiting opponents because they're used to playing in high altitudes all season.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It actually is working pretty damn well in the rugby league over here at the moment.

At first they had no filler, and you could hear all the brutal contact and all the chatter going on through the game and it was fantastic.

This round they've added synthetic cheering throughout the game which is getting mixed feedback but seems it's going to continue that way.

All in all, no fans isn't as bad as first thought.

D-rock likes this.
  12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Are there a lot of trash talking being heard in those games?

Love to hear from Players rep, Chris Paul ,and his trash talk to Dwight. Too bad KD won't be playing, I bet lots of players would trash talk him and he would have some lame comeback and have his feelings hurt

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m excited about a rested Harden. I think his own worst enemy was his drive to always play while having to carry such a load on offense... while other players took time off.

he will be rested and will have the legs to carry us to Ws.

14. JW86

JW86 Member

The impact of a crowd can be huge and especially come play-off time it just sets the stage, it's literally 90% of what makes a playoff game better than a regular season game. 4th quarter, when things get tight, the way the crowd reacts just makes it special and throughout the game the crowd is a soundboard and resembles the on court action. I don't know if you've played sports, but the feeling having people behind you, supporting you, cheering you on can be the difference between giving 99% effort or 100%. The difference between being confident or truly believing you can win / get it done.

The appeal drops significantly without anyone in the stands, arenas sound empty, there's literally zero atmosphere, big moments lose their luster since there's no indication of being a tight game with a lot on the line, no excitement for a comeback, no chants, no distractions during clutch FTs and simply no emotion and very little suspension. Even though they are top-tier athletes, just watching them playing a game in a gym just does not do it for me, at all. I don't see how anyone can like watching sports without a crowd. It's like watching stand up comedy without the laughs, a acrobatic circus act without the applause, the oohs and ahhhs, the suspension.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

if the rockers win it all in florida, can they also walk over and take the trophies from le$' cold dead hands?

16. riko

riko Member

Or his ant Harden outlandish rants.

D-rock likes this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

im trying to describe the type of people in the stands. Those crowds are generally neutral. I know they can’t pack an arena but the arena not the goal; the TV screen is. They only have to fill part of the lower bowl

18. fattz

fattz Member

First thanks for your input, but squeaky shoes and random cursing don’t do much for me; sound difference between rugby and basketball; to hear someone collide into another person would be kind of cool hear.