1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vandalism and theft are not punishable by death. Nor should they be.

As far as I have seen there have been few and far in between acts of violence against other people by protestors given scale of protests and a few hundred acts by police against protestors and the media.

VooDooPope and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The militarization and lack of accountability of police is the gravest threat to America right now. Not some dumb teenagers stealing shoes out of the mall. Get a clue.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you want to shoot someone stealing an iPhone or Levis, you probably just want to shoot someone anyway.

VooDooPope, AleksandarN and CometsWin like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

You have to get sick of eating your own ass all the time... tasting the same **** over and over again...

5. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I don't know if the police are the gravest threat, but no quesiton changes need to be made. However, "dumb teenagers" murdered a black 77 year old retired police captain when he tried to stop them from looting some TVs from a pawn store. If you would like to see the video of his last moments laying in a pool of blood I already posted it in the "genuie reason for armed protest thread" and its so disgusting I won't post it here again. Amazingly that post got one reply... I guess if it doesn't fit the narrative just let it die. The fact is these rioters and looters are hijacking the peaceful protesters stirring tension in our country, and a lot of people have itchy trigger fingers. Hopefully, it leads to change..... but in the meantime more people are going to die. Like a girl that had her sister shot by a rioter and now has to lay her to rest.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've written here about he pain caused by the looting and destruction of businesses in my community. I've been very critical of comments that seem to justify, excuse or rationalize the rioting. That said I am very troubled by the rhetoric like "when the looting starts the shooting starts." I'm saying that as even right now I know there are business owners and residents in my neighborhood in their businesses armed and prepared to defend their businesses.

I believe law enforcement is a necessary part of society. I also understand that there are times that law enforcement needs to use force. That should be the last option and not the first option. Minneapolis has greatly calmed down and while the first day of the massive deployment of LE backed by National Guard they did use a lot of force including some abusive incidences like shooting residents on their own porches. There haven't been any deaths of protesters except for on the first night of one shot by a shop owner. What we've seen is that both protesters and LE have come to an understanding protesters are policing their own and in turn LE have behaved gentler and allowed the ongoing peaceful protests at the site of Geoge Floyd's death.

FranchiseBlade and wizkid83 like this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I honestly don’t care to listen to people who show up during a race riot after police brutality, pick a year, and want to show me the death and destruction. I’ve seen this movie before. The murder of minorities in cold blood by police is as American as apple pie and so is the tone deaf Republican response.

See you at the next police murder/riot thread.

More disturbingly, if that’s possible, we’re seeing the emergence of a fascist in Trump that fits every single cliche for a third world dictator. A whole **** ton of you need to decide if your support of this clown is worth it because we are heading down a dangerous road right now. If we have a flash point event with the military in the streets then things may well get much worse. We’re a country in need of moral leadership with a psychopathic narcissist in charge of the most powerful military in the world aching to use it on Americans. Jesus.

We won’t forget Trump egging on the violence.

#27 CometsWin, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    FranchiseBlade and AleksandarN like this.
  8. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

So if rioting hasn't worked before what makes you think it will now? Might as well burn every building to the ground from coast to coast, because another black man is going to be murdered by the police in the future.

Trump is an idiot. Never expect anything good coming from his mouth. The people have to stop this violence before he escalates it to a point of no return.

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Too bad it is the extremist who are perpetuating the violence.

10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

That’s my fetish bro

11. Senator

Senator Member

AS expected, you are justifying crime by sugar coating what's really happening.

This is mob violence - it has nothing to do with an isolated incident of "theft" or "larceny". We've seen this play out many times before, the incidents start out small then they spiral out of control because it IS PART OF A GREATER MOB.

In dallas it led to small business owners being paralyzed (none of them had weapons), one guy was twisted and beaten to a pulp.

This is why 200 people were arrested in Houston Tuesday for throwing objects at officers. They weren't using guns, but the rocks and stones and general dissent as part of a larger mob lead to the chaos that makes people forget about racial justice. As long as the democrat answer to crime is "allow more of it for healing", they'll continue to eat themselves from the inside out.

12. Senator

Senator Member

Do you understand mob mentality and how any actions as part of a larger mob ALWAYS lead to a quick snowballing of events? Do you know what NY looked like Tuesday? The whole laissez faire mentality of democrats towards crime gets exposed time and time again. Whether it's 2020 or 2016 during the Obama presidency police riots --the same thing happens over and over again regardless of Presidential tone.

This is the hand the mob forces you to play if you want to live in an any kind of society -- the threat of police action when a mob congregates (even though we have seen no floyd protestors die at the hands of police , but the mob has killed plenty) and starts committing violent crimes in groups. The cultural element of one side is allowed to commit violent criminal activity while the other side has to be a father figure will never lead to change.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

200 people were arrested. You said that yourself. That isn't allowing more crime, that's arresting people. They didn't shoot them, though.

14. Senator

Senator Member

The protests in Houston had nothing to do with what we saw elsewhere, in NYC, Minneapolis, LA (very very liberal places) etc. When property starts getting broken into,set on fire, glass smashed so people can run in and loot, that's when things snowball. Don't you find it weird to invite chaos instead of shutting it down? No cops killed any protestors but the threat has to be there once mob chaos sets in. Finding something as stupid like that to complain about shows how incapable a person is with controlling things in your own backyard.... and how things become about letting everything burn instead of constructive change.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In LA they arrested 2,700, not 200. So those liberal places aren't just letting it happen either. You don't have any idea what you are talking about when it comes to mob violence, how to prevent it, or apparently what is actually happening in the liberal places you mentioned.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's just going to keep on shifting goal posts.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member

this site is becoming less and less about rockets.

Not a good look

Ubiquitin likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've been in the middle of riots and looting. I was there at the one on Thursday night when the 3rd Precinct was burned. I've been attacked by a mob during riot. I've also been tear gassed, had an LEO throw a flash bang at my feet even though I was on a side walk and not part of the protest and almost got clubbed by an LEO even though I wasn't part of a protests and they were just swinging wildly.

Also decrying that liberal Minneapolis being soft on rioters. I treated several people injured by rubber bullets and gas propelled tear gas canisters. I remember one guy who's got shot in the face. His girlfriend wrapped up his head and when we took off the wrap found a two inch hole in his cheek from where he got hit by a rubber bullet.

The problem is that if the LE start out with a show of force that can escalate things. At the same time it is critical of people in protest to show leadership and restrain those in the protest who want to cause trouble. This is what we're seeing here in Minneapolis.

No one is staying that one side is allowed to commit criminal activity or one side has to be a father figure. It is on EVERYONE protesters and LE to work to reduce violence. Not escalate..

#38 rocketsjudoka, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

That would be a problem if the NBA was still playing.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

The left does really eat their own don’t they?