1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

So what are you basing this on?

2. raining threes

Knowing how the Texans are structured you dont think BOB has to go to ownership before trading away one of their most marketable assets?

With this said, to answer your question, I trust my source and Corrosion confirmed what my source told me.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Absolutely not but you are also contradicting what that poster said. You are saying BoB essentially narked on Nuk for partying but the poster is saying that the issue was with ownership, not BoB. Which is it?

4. raining threes

I'm saying BOB told ownership that Nuk was a bad influence on Watson and Nuk knew if he asked for a new contract ownership would agree with BOB's wishes to get Nuk off of the team.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is so weak it's crazy. Who cares if Nuk parties? He's still a top 5 WR in the league. Dennis Rodman partied hard and was a key contributor to winning on the Bulls. Gronk is one of the biggest partiers in the NFL and was a key contributor to the Pats.

If BoB traded Nuk because he partied too much then it's still a bad look for BoB. And the fact that the owners bought that justification makes them look totally incompetent as well.

No doubt Easterby is in on this too. Texans are a stupid org that cares more about acquiring christian choir boys than winning the Super Bowl. They'd rather win AFC south championships and have a full attendance for Sunday church service over advancing in the Playoffs.

Pathetic.

#5745 TheRealist137, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Here's the 3 theories i have heard so far.

1. BoB doesn't like hopkins so he got rid of him regardless of the trade value.
    2. BoB wanted to diversify the offense by getting more wide receivers instead of having one elite wr.
    3. BoB was afraid that Hopkins partying ways would rub off on Watson.

2 is stupid, but 3 is just straight up sht that just came out of BoB ass if u believe that sht.

Either way trade value for hopkins was sht regardless of the reasonings.

Hopkins has been w/ us for years and all of a sudden his partying ways is too much of a negative impact. What a load of bs

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Tony Montana about to come regulate! HE'S NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY!

8. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Anyone hear about the possible clowney return? I’m wondering, how true this is.

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

We put up with that in Dallas for years (I like the Texans and the Cowboys, yes it is possible--lived in Houston area for years, but then moved to Dallas quite a while ago), but FINALLY got rid of the HC. Ironically, in talking with some of my Houston friends, they seemed like they would have traded BOB for Red Jesus straight up. Probably would have improved, too. Which is saying a lot, because ridicule and criticism of Garrett was pretty rampant, and no one in Dallas is upset that he's finally gone. He does run a good program, though, and made drastic improvements in drafting...AND is able to build a team with the 'right people' without having to get rid of anyone.

What I don't understand, at all, is what made Hopkins the 'wrong people'? It seems BOB had a moral issue with him, and that it wasn't really anything football related. That's ridiculous for a HC. EVERYTHING must be football related. That's your job. NOT being the morality police. Even on that side...Hopkins seemed like a really good dude. Is that not the case?

10. raining threes

You get it.

This is all about Texans ownership's keeping up the brand/image. It has very little to do with football decisions and everything to do with money/brand.

The McNair org has run the team this way since their inception and nothing has changed since daddy died.

11. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Say what you want about his coaching and/ or GM skills but he really nailed it with that speech.

houstonstime and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

GM/HC Bill O'Brien speaking to the media via Zoom.
    "On behalf of the Houston Texans, we want to send our deepest, our deepest condolences to the family of George Floyd."

— Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) June 3, 2020

O’Brien cites how "unbelievably strong" the Floyd family has been, and how they’ve been a great "example" for this country.

O’Brien: what happened yesterday at Discovery Green and in downtown Houston was a great example of what our city is.

O’Brien: These are statements, and statements aren’t enough. But it’s important to speak out.

O’Brien: I’m emotional. I’m sad. I’m frustrated bc I’m questioning what I can do more.

O’Brien: we won’t meet virtually as a team on June 9. Am encouraging players to attend George Floyd’s funeral, if they’re able.

Bill O'Brien jumps in on media conference call with S Michael Thomas: On behalf of the Houston Texans, we went to send our deepest, deepest condolences to Houston's own George Floyd and his family. #Texans

— Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) June 3, 2020O’Brien: Our hearts go out to the black community, especially in Houston. We stand with you. We all have to stand up and recognize that what is going on in this country is wrong. It is wrong. #Texans

"We have to stand by the black community." – O’Brien says he spoke with #Dolphins HC & friend Brian Flores. #Texans

O’Brien says he has learned a lot in his career from Romeo Crennel on coaching in the 60s, Deshaun Watson growing up in Gainesville and Kenny Stills on why he takes a knee & among others. #Texans

"I think as a white head football coach in the league, it’s important to speak out." – O’Brien. #Texans

O’Brien says no virtual meeting on June 9 so that players can go to George Floyd’s funeral in Houston. #Texans

Bill O'Brien jumps in on media conference call with S Michael Thomas: On behalf of the Houston Texans, we went to send our deepest, deepest condolences to Houston's own George Floyd and his family. #Texans

— Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) June 3, 2020O’Brien: Our hearts go out to the black community, especially in Houston. We stand with you. We all have to stand up and recognize that what is going on in this country is wrong. It is wrong. #Texans

"We have to stand by the black community." – O’Brien says he spoke with #Dolphins HC & friend Brian Flores. #Texans

O’Brien says he has learned a lot in his career from Romeo Crennel on coaching in the 60s, Deshaun Watson growing up in Gainesville and Kenny Stills on why he takes a knee & among others. #Texans

"I think as a white head football coach in the league, it’s important to speak out." – O’Brien. #Texans

O’Brien says no virtual meeting on June 9 so that players can go to George Floyd’s funeral in Houston. #Texans
    Bill O'Brien: 'We've been thinking and listening and trying to understand and speak from my heart. On behalf of the Houston Texans, we want to send our deepest condolences to the family of George Floyd. The Floyd family has been an unbelievable example for this country.'

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) June 3, 2020

Bill O’Brien praising Houston: ‘Houston has united around the Floyd family. Our hearts go out to that family. Our hearts go out to the black community in this country. We stand by you and we are ready to do our part in this community.’

Bill O’Brien: ‘We all have to do our part. We all have to do it now’

Bill O’Brien: ‘What we saw in Minneapolis is horrendous’

Spoke with Dolphins coach Brian Flores, his friend yesterday.

Bill O’Brien: ‘We have to do our part. We have to listen. We have to stand by the black community. The McNairs are heartbroken by the murder of George Floyd and are committed do whatever they can to bring social justice to our community.’

Bill O’Brien said he has had many conversations with Kenny Stills about why he kneels during the national anthem. ‘We all know why he takes a knee’ ’I’ve learned a lot from talking to Kenny Stills over the last year why he takes a knee. I think we all know why Kenny takes a knee, why Eric Reid takes a knee.’

Texans coach Bill O’Brien said the team will not meet on the day of the George Floyd funeral

Bill O’Brien: ’I’m sad, I’m frustrated’

Bill O’Brien said ‘As a white head coach, I think it’s important to speak out’
    Bill O’Brien was on #Texans Zoom call with Michael Thomas:"On behalf of the Houston Texans I want to send our deepest condolences to the George Floyd family-Our hearts go out to the black community-What is going on in this country is wrong-We have to stand by the black community"

— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) June 3, 2020

Bill O’Brien: "I’m sad. I’ve got to do more…It breaks my heart and makes me and angry."

Bill O’Brien says the #Texans will not have any virtual meetings June ninth, the day of the funeral for George Floyd. He’s encouraging his players to go to the funeral if they can. #GeorgeFloyd #BlackLivesMatter

#texans Bill O’Brien joined the scheduled ZOOM call with Michael Thomas this morning with the media. OB wanted to voice his thoughts on what’s been going on in our country.
    "The Floyd family has been an unbelievable example for this country."

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) June 3, 2020

O’Brien said he’s talked a lot over the last year with Kenny Stills. OB said he understands why Stills takes a knee. Why Eric Reid takes a knee.

O’Brien said that the #texans will not have virtual meetings on the day of George Floyd’s funeral. He also encourages players to attend if that is possible.

Bill O’Brien talked almost 13 minutes about George Floyd & the current situation in our country following his death. OB was passionate in his message. Once Michael Thomas started speaking he wanted to thank OB and he was actually emotional thanking his coach for his message.

Michael Thomas, one of the best people in the NFL, speaking to the Houston media: pic.twitter.com/9vL9C4ZQU7

13. Fantasma Negro

14. conquistador#11

One of the comments from a Texans official twitter still has me chuckling.
    "O'brian over here trying to trade black rights for a 6th rounder."

But on the real, It is very admirable what he said in that statement.

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

《Insert joke about George Floyd and too many baby mammas》

BossHogg713 likes this.
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Came here to post what’s already been said. Like him or not, believe in his coaching and GMing or not. Dude really surprised me with that speech today. Most sincere thing I’ve heard from him. Adds more to the belief that the players really like him.

17. Fantasma Negro

Nuk loves white girls and white girl and both got him shipped to the desert?! :D:D:D:D:D

18. raining threes

I was not aware of this.

It doesn't matter.

19. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

not a damn chance. He won't play for BOB

raining threes likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

RANKING NFL OFFENSES BY ANALYTICS USAGE

https://www.rotoworld.com/node/189871?page=1