1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump retreats to underground bunker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, May 31, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Unfortunately Baker doesn't count for most GOP voters in the country. They just see him as a Democrat in GOP clothing.

He is one of the best governors in the country though in my opinion.

AleksandarN likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Federal response to what, the raging pandemic that has killed 100000 Americans and counting, with our response being, now, "meh maybe someone will make a vaccine someday, otherwise states can figure it out;"

The economic collapse that has destroyed the future of tens of millions of American lives and devastated the capacityof state and local government nationwide and has mile long lines at food banks....with no further relief in sight?

The spasm of police violence and racism and escalation that has forced you to hide in your basement with the lights off tweeting about your scary dogs?

I'll hang up and listen!

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  3. SamFisher

And looks like it was "tear gas innocent people so that Trump could have his presser without being inconvenienced by the sound of his own failure"

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is talking now. If he sticks to the script he will do well. If he does not, par for the case.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yall settle down, the president has taken the elevator to ground level to adress the nation.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Lmao he had it until he said he was sending in the military.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. SamFisher

He already did

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. AB

AB Contributing Member

Are you guys hearing this speech. OMG!!

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

He just started a Civil War!!!!

1950's and 60's all over again...

T_Man

11. NewRoxFan

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Groan...

Nook, RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Well he just said curfew for 7 pm and it's 9 minutes until 7 in DC. This is what I meant saying he fans the flames.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

The US army cannot be deployed on US soil for domestic action, right? So this is all moot.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He won't call out white supremacists but he will call out antifa. F him

RayRay10, Reeko and Ubiquitin like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Trump could've just said Black Lives Matter and that would have been more helpful than threatening to stick the military on DC residents

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

19. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Ah the old predictable plays, TPP and Trump praising China. I know you think you know about TPP, but I can assure you that you don’t, it’s complicated to go into it here, and there is already a thread on it. Trump praising China 15 times, it’s called blowing smoke up your ass. He’s setting up these ChiComs as he is the only president willing to take on these bastards, not Clinton,not the two Bushes and certainly not Obama. Did you watch his press conference this past Friday, he’s basically declared war on these ChiComs. Trying to play gotcha but you failed miserably. Go and do some research on these commies and learn how they have risen to the monsters where they are, with the aide of your favorite presidents like Slick Willie all the way to your Messiah Obama.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

14 minutes late getting out of the bunker

I swore an oath to uphold the laws of our nation & that is what exactly I will do. All Americans were rightly sickened & revolted by the brutal death of George Floyd. My administration is fully committed that for George and his family, justice will be served. He will not have died in vain but we cannot allow the righteous cries and peaceful protesters to be drowned out by an angry mob.

The biggest victims of the rioting are peace-loving citizens in our poorest communities and as their president, I will fight to keep them safe. I will fight to protect you. I am your President of law and order and ally of all peaceful protesters but in recent days, our nation has been gripped by professional anarchists, violent mobs, arsonists, looters, criminals, rioters, Antifa and others.

A number of state and local governments have failed to take necessary action to safeguard their residents. Innocent people have been savagely beaten like the young man in Dallas, TX who was left dying in the street or the woman in upstate New York viciously attacked by dangerous thugs. Small business owners have seen their dreams utterly destroyed. New York's finest have been hit in the face with bricks. Brave nurses who have battled the virus are afraid to leave their homes. A police precinct has been overrun. The Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial have been vandalized. One of our most historic churches was set ablaze. A federal officer in California - an African-American enforcement hero - was shot and killed. These are not acts of peaceful protest. These are acts of domestic terror. The destruction of innocent life and spilling of innocent blood is an offense to humanity and crime against God.

America needs creation not destruction. Cooperation not contempt. Security not anarchy. Healing not hatred. Justice not chaos. This is our mission and we will succeed. 100% we will succeed. Our country always wins.

That's why I'm taking immediate presidential action to stop the violence and restore security and safety in America. I am mobilizing all available federal resources - civilian & military - to stop the rioting and looting, to end the destruction & arson and protect the rights of law abiding Americans, including your second amendment rights.

Therefore the following measures are going into effect immediately:
    -We are ending the riots and lawlessness that has spread throughout our country. We will end it now.
    -I have strongly recommended to every governor to deploy the National Guard in sufficient numbers that we dominate the streets. Mayors and governors must establish an overwhelming law enforcement presence until the violence has been quelled.
    -If a city or state refuses to take actions necessary to defend life & property of their residents, then I will deploy the US Military and quickly solve the problem for them.
    -I am also taking swift & decisive action to protect Washington DC. What happened in the city last night was a total disgrace. As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel and LEO to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults and destruction of property. We are putting everyone on warning. 7 o'clock curfew will be strictly enforced.

Those who threaten innocent lives & property will be arrested, detained and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I want the organizers of this terror to be on notice. You will face severe criminal penalties & lengthy sentences in jail. This includes Antifa and others who are leading instigators of this violence.

One law and order and that's what it is. One law. One beautiful law. Once that is restored & fully restored, we will help you. We will help your business and we will help your family. America is founded upon the rule of law. It is the foundation of our prosperity, our freedom and our very way of life but where there is no law, there is no opportunity. Where there is no justice, there is no liberty. Where there is no safety, there is no future. We must never give in to anger or hatred. If malice or violence reigns, then none of us is free. I take these actions today with firm resolve and with a true and passionate love for our country. By far our greatest days lie ahead.

#160 J.R., Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020