1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Title chances of this team next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, May 28, 2020.

1. HROZ

HROZ Member

Ibaka Hartenstein Cabuclo
    Tucker Green Sefolosha
    Covington House
    Harden McLemore Green
    Westbrook Neto Clemons

How far do you think this team could go if we can trade Gordon & Assets for Ibaka?

This is the team I'd love to see next season. I honestly believe they are serious title contenders.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Full circle. OKC kept Ibaka over Harden.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Ibaka is old. Rather have Gordan and pick up a younger center. With MDA coaching we would struggle to make playoffs with that lineup.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lmao, struggle to make the playoffs? Why are u drinking this morning?

a shooting C that can also roll to the rim is MDA’s wet dream...Ibaka can also defend

he is perfect here

Gordon sucks...if we can get rid of his contract, then we should thank God for the blessing

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ask him where Lester Nygaard is...

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Chances of winning it all improve with hartenstein getting more and more minutes.

McLemore might contribute a three pointer from time to time.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Fuhgeddabouddit. If this year’s squat doesn’t do squat, I.e. Finals AT LEAST, I suspect we’ll see a whole new team, top to bottom, at TheToyShop come opening tip in Dec or Jan, whenever.

9. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

EG does not suck. He’s been recovering from a knee injury this season. I think he will show up big in whatever playoffs we end up seeing.

However, from a salary cap allocation standpoint, I do think that EG needs to be moved. Preferably for young front court player who is good but still has a ton of upside. With Gordon on the roster, the Rockets have too much money locked up in the Guard position. The Rockets have almost their entire salary cap dedicated to three Guards. Westbrook (38.5m), Harden (41.2n) and Gordon (18.2m) make almost $100m of the $109m salary cap. IMO Gordon’s 18.2 needs to be allocated to a front court starter. It is simply too much money for a bench player who is behind two all stars on the team.

I think the Rockets should look to trade Gordon for a younger player than Ibaka. While I think Ibaka would be a great fit on the team, I think the Rockets should go Look to the future a bit more with an EG trade. Obviously Aaron Gordon is the ideal player to target in an EG trade but it would be a very difficult deal to put together. Two players other than Aaron Gordon who the the Rockets could target in an EG trade are Myles Turner or Larry Nance Jr.

Indiana could be intrigued with the Idea of adding more shooting and opening up the court. Oladipo, Brogdon, Gordon, Warren and Sabonis are a good starting 5 that could make some noise in the East. But, I think Indiana would be able to get more then EG and the 2022 frp for Turner.

Honestly, idk why the Cavs would trade Nance for EG. But, the Cavs have had head scratching moves recently so I feel like they could do anything. Nance would be a great fit for the Rockets. He’s 27 so he is just now entering his prime, he’s a superb athlete who would be a major lob threat, he’s steadily improved his 3 point shot over his career and is a good rebounder. I have not seen him play enough to tell you how his defense is but he does have the ability to block shots.

D-rock and kjayp like this.
  10. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

0%. Golden State will be back fully healthy and Rockets can't beat them in the playoffs.

11. TilmanFinancialWindfall

GSW is done. This is the Rockets time to shine with Lebron getting old and Rockets with 2 superstars MVP in prime years

Draymond can't play anymore and the team just full of old superstars and bunch of new G League players on the bench

D-rock likes this.
  12. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

If we get Ibaka, this team has a VERY good chance to win it all next season.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

GS will be right back in the top of the playoff mix next year. Not sure how you’re gonna call GS old, when the rockets are even older

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Eric Gordon has negative trade value.

I doubt many GMs will be lining up to pay a 31 yo, injury prone, mediocre player an average of 19 mil/yr for the next 3 seasons...especially in this current financial climate...him being traded for a good young player is pretty much out of the question IMO

Serge Ibaka will be a free agent, so the only way we can get him is via S&T if he wants to come here and the Raptors agree, but it will be hard to convince them to take EG...his contract is very bad

maybe a team will place heavy value on a 2022 1st round pick if it’s unprotected or has very light protection (1-4 protected for example)

Ibaka would be an excellent addition...I’d prefer him over someone like Larry Nance

15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

God speed nba, Houston, Minnesota, worldwide.

Don't really like chances of ibaka trade because I feel Toronto would match and beat any offer from a free agent market. Nick nurse surely supports ibaka since Nick nurse would only have been in toronto for three seasons.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm all for pushing some of that guard payroll into the front court...

jim1961 likes this.
  17. BigBum

BigBum Member

Would not be enough, still 4th to 6th seed

Sign and trade Rivers and picks for Luke Kenard.

MLE to sign Marc Gasol

Unlikely
    acquire John Collins, Christian Wood, Jarrett Allen

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

40+40 million sure thing.

19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Rivers does not even earn 2 million in salary this season, and the Eric Gordon extension uncertainty most likely means rivers gonna end up like Carmelo anthony.

Austin Rivers sports agent wouldn't even make a decent commission from a rockets deal for rivers.

Marc gasol is not gonna settle for a Mle deal from Houston after winning 2019 championship with Toronto.

Right now gasol is top 3 center in the east so that type of rating is not mle worthy considering Durant and Blake griffin still out of action in east.

God speed Houston worldwide.

#19 smoothie_king, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This team has basically no chance.

Tilman is going to gut everything for savings. We will be worse than we already are.