1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde Drexler ‘hates’ the Michael Jordan we saw in ‘Last Dance’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 28, 2020.

1. pippsux

pippsux Member

I actually stopped listening or watching these jokers a while ago. Tired of hearing about cowboys and lakers. They can belittle our titles all they want.....they happened. For 2 years, nobody could beat us in a 5 game or 7 game playoff....Im good.

D-rock and tinman like this.
  2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

How could anyone walk away from that documentary and think the Bulls would have won 4 in a row let alone 5 or 8. Jordan was completely spent after 93. He says it and the doc shows it to you. Of course you’re going to get the idiotic, when MJ steps on the court he’s going to win people, but that Bulls team was done. He needed a refresh and they needed a makeover.

The first retirement was genius. The Rockets would have spanked them in 94 and 95 and who knows what shape the Bulls would have been in 96.

He needed to retire to get 3 more, he certainly didn’t rob himself of an extra 2. That’s just stupid talk.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

I was a bit disappointed seeing in that documentary how Clyde was slighted. I was in high school at the time. Sure Clyde and the blazers were defeated, but they put up a fight and lost to the bulls 2-4. IIRC, the series was close and game 6 was a close one. Clyde at the time could really fly. None of that was mentioned in the documentary as if he were just a foot note to MJ's greatness.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

game 6 of that series. see for yourself

D-rock and tinman like this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The bulls was a video game. The bulls was gonna get more shot attempts because they was gonna get more rebounds. The defense was more under rated more than anything else.

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Will Perdue is a consummate professional.

tinman and JumpMan like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're a video game.

LFE171 and JumpMan like this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"Basketball reasons"

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I don't think MJ realizes that the measure of a man isn't what he has achieved, it is who he has become. Michael may be most people's pick for GOAT...but he seems like an egotistical *******. That's who he is...not the GOAT. He's not alone in that...many who achieve greatness are assholes. But not all. Those who achieved greatness and stayed humble are FAR better people than Michael is.

ronclone, TMac'n and saleem like this.
  10. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Talking on that documentary was like clubbing baby seals 25 years later.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jordan wasn’t playing baseball. He dumped 55 points in a game on the Knicks, and was knocked out by the Orlando Magic in the playoffs. That’s a fact!

sirjesse, D-rock and tinman like this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just shows the lack of respect the media had for the Rockets championships even though that year the ratings for the playoffs were sky high cause of all the Nike ads for penny , Barkley, Shaq, and Jordan’s return.
    Easily the biggest coverup in world history
    I’m not talking about nba history
    The history of mankind

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Hope that isn't game Clyde drexler fouled out!?!?

I know drexler fouled out twice versus bulls in finals.

If I had pick, nba jam!

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I'll gladly accept the asterisk if we win this year :D

BHannes2BHonest, saleem and tinman like this.
  15. Victorious

Victorious Member

The real rockets fans saw the dream team documentary and Drexler talked about how he hated MJ lol

But MJ gives lots of respect to Dream! Always has him as his Center is his all time starting 5

D-rock, saleem and tinman like this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really think it's possible for a player who played in the same era as Dream to ever disrespect his game.
    I mean in his prime, teams were playing illegal defense or triple teaming as the main defense.

D-rock likes this.
  17. YallMean

YallMean Member

As someone who lived through that period, I would still say MJ is the best basketball player I have witnessed. But, those 6 championships were not without contention as what were portrayed in that documentary. He was surrounded by the right coach and a group of unselfish teammates. It was a perfect system for him to shine. Had any one of those pieces were missing, he would have not got the 6 championships. Take an analogy to a peer in that period, Diego Maradona, who won the championships in Series A with truly lesser players and the world cup without much help. Jordan had help and the competitions were much closer than documentary portrayed. At one point, I was really tired of Bulls being kinda "lucky" beating really good teams in the finals.

D-rock likes this.
  18. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

i cannot remember who it was, but I remember a sportscaster would say you got to guard Dream one on one and let him score 50, and hope the rest of the team scores less than him. He thought Dream was so great at dealing with double teams you might as well take your licks one on one and hope you could clamp everyone else down.

19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Drexler and danuel house have the same playing style and game.

Danuel house might catch teams off guard because his skills often go unscouted and I don't think teams can game plan for House just like they couldnt plan for drexler.

20. jowman

jowman Member

MJs got a lot of issues as a human. People like to inflate his legendary prowess of being able to play basketball well (bron is better) and make him larger than life. Sad so many people see this guy as their hero.