1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

BREGMAN v LEBRON

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, May 20, 2020.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

http://nypost.com/2020/05/20/astros-alex-bregman-fires-agent-over-lebron-james-docuseries/

Alex Bregman fires agent over LeBron James-backed sign-stealing docuseries
    By Mollie Walker

May 20, 2020 | 9:47am | Updated

Astros third baseman Alex Bregman’s decision to part ways with his sports agency, Klutch Sports, was reportedly influenced by last week’s announcement that Uninterrupted, a film production company co-founded by fellow Klutch athlete LeBron James, is helping produce a documentary about the Houston Astros’ sign-stealing scandal.

The Athletic reported late Tuesday that Bregman “felt angry and betrayed” that his now-former agent, Brodie Scoffield, would allow a company with ties to James to cash in on that particular topic.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Good, **** Emperor Lebron

3. AstrosRockets1818

Have always hated LeBron. Always will.

4. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Bregman on track for a future statue..let's hope he stays the course. Glad we have him signed.

5. Buck Turgidson

6. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I guess posts like this helped you get to 48K. Great avatar though.

7. lnchan

As for myself, I like my efficiency:

8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

LeBron is a piece of shitt athlete / person.

9. msn

msn Member

Look, I don't like the guy either.

But, he's a world-class athlete. When I think ****ty athlete, I think of an overweight pitcher or a B-leaguer who doesn't have the endurance or coordination to stick on an NBA roster. Lebron James is a phenomenal, generational-type athlete.

And, while there are perhaps some publicly visible signs of ****ty character (remember the whole "Decision" BS on BSPN?), have you met him? Do we really know what kind of person he is?

UTSA2step likes this.
  10. SuraGotMadHops

"So many people could have been harmed, not only financially but physically, emotionally, spiritually. So just be careful what we tweet and what we say and what we do. Even though yes, we do have freedom of speech, it can be a lot of negative that comes with it." - Lebron

Karma is a hoe ain't it??

Duke Fan likes this.
  11. HTM

HTM Member

Old China Lebron

12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

In 10 years when Alex Bregman / Altuve corporations decides to put out a LeBron documentary on his perfect family life, that will be fun to watch. LeBron and all his random Miami, Dallas, Houston flings, go into detail on basically his losses vs average teams.

edwardc, Duke Fan and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. msn

msn Member

So, no, then.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Pringles

Pringles Member

LeBron definitely has his flaws. He's in a situation where he is judged for what he says and does. I agree with most of the things that he says and does, but the list of things that I will never agree with him:

Stance on Astros' cheating (ignoring other teams' consistent cheating)
    Stance on Morey and China

The man wants to act like he is a world class human and has every right to. He has done a lot for his communities; however, that does not mean he can escape criticism.

edwardc, elrond, UTSA2step and 3 others like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I love Lebron and think that the man he has become after his childhood speaks volumes about his character but I agree with you on him being critisized and I wonder if he is feeling himself a little much, but at the end of the day he is human and a fan like all of us.

He did come of as selfish with he Morey incident but I bet he had a pretty significant hit financially which let the curtain slip on his persona.

16. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

At the end of the documentary that trashes the Astros for 2 hours there will be a sentence in small print referencing what what the LA Times and others have concluded that have done in depth research...Astros actually didn't gain an advantage and likely hurt themselves more than they helped.

17. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Add him being a Cowboys fan to that list. I used to like LeBron, but after the China thing and especially this doc bull**** he's clearly anti-Houston and I'm not down with that. **** him. I think he even said Houston wasn't up to his standards or whatever the **** when deciding what team to go to after the Cavs.

18. lnchan

https://theathletic.com/1825765/2020/05/21/the-bowden-big-board-ranking-mlbs-top-10-third-basemen/
    Some respect from the Athletic

1. Alex Bregman, Houston Astros

2019 Stats:
    Slash line: .296/.423/.592 HR: 41 RBI: 112 SB: 5 WAR: 9.1 OPS+: 162

Statcast:
    Avg. Exit Velo: 88.6 Hard Hit%: 37 wOBA: .384 xwOBA: .362 Barrel%: 6.0
    Fld%: .966 DRS: 8 UZR: 2.4

Career accomplishments: Two-time All-Star; Silver Slugger; two-time Top 5 MVP voting.

Trending: Upward

Bregman finished second in the AL MVP voting last year behind the best player in the game, Mike Trout. Bregman led all major-league hitters in plate discipline, also finishing first in walks and second in on-base percentage, again only behind Trout. His 41 home runs was third-best in the league trailing only Jorge Soler (48) and yes, you guessed it, Trout (45). The 26-year-old hit .311 with 23 homers versus the fastball; .263 with 12 home runs versus breaking balls and .275 with 3 dingers against the changeup. His strikeout percentage was in the 95th percentile and his xwOBA was in the 90th percentile. Defensively, he’s above-average with above-average range in all directions. His outs above average is in the 80th percentile and he had 8 defensive runs saved. He’s a fierce competitor with elite focus and passion for the game. Off the field, Bregman is heavily involved in fundraising, charity work and giving back to the Houston community. He’s a superstar who should continue to be in the top 5 in MVP voting for the next several years.

19. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

We don't need to know him personally. All we need to do is watch his actions and behavior. I don't need to know Hilter to know he was a terrible person.

Duke Fan likes this.
  20. msn

msn Member

Ok, Hitler? Lol, ok.

What actions has LeBron taken that convince you of his evil character? Saying things you disagree with? Narcissistic attention-whoring?