1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Get Out wasn't I dare say Dances with Wolves. But it was worth watching.

conquistador#11 and FrontRunner like this.
  2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Get out was as good as "Dude, wheres my car"

3. STR8Thugg

Alright then. I didn't start anything with you going back to the D&D.

I know my reptilian **** is quite enticing, but you couldn't handle it.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I bet you are not white, male, nor conservative. But I'm an idiot so I'm probably wrong.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How dare you sir. That is a blessing upon man kind. You are not my hummingbird.

6. STR8Thugg

I am white and male, not conservative. More like midline. So yes please continue to call yourself an idiot.

7. STR8Thugg

I guess you didn't catch on to my garrulousness.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The odds of you being at least 2 of the 3 were about 400 to 1.

G’day

bobloblaw likes this.
  9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

What don’t you like about those films? The political angle?

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Molly's Game Its about the high stakes poker game that former Olympic skier ran.

GRENDEL and STR8Thugg like this.
  11. STR8Thugg

The political angel was lightly annoying, but no that's not what undid it for me. For Get Out, I mostly went to watch it because the internet was blowing up acting like it was the best movie ever so I guess I came in to it with unreasonable expectations. For instance I like beef jerky, it's a decent snack, but if you hype it up and make me think it's going to be a medium rare bone-in ribeye from B&B Butchers, I'm going to be pretty damn pissed off when I try it. I just thought the whole thing was so over the top and nonsensical... The b**** is literally googling "top NCAA athletes" at one point. It was basically comical to me and not in a good way.

As far as US, I already knew what I was getting myself into, and I know it wasn't supposed to be literally believable. I guess I just don't like his movie style.

donkeypunch likes this.
  12. STR8Thugg

I watched this over the weekend. Really well done... 8.5/10

Jturbofuel likes this.
  13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Contagion: 7.5/10. I never saw it before, and it's so fkn earie for what we're going through right now. It's spot on on worst case scenario, I would recommend it for sure..

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Arkansas: ok crime-noir type movie, especially for a first time writer/director (Clark Duke, from Hot Tub Time Machine, Kick Ass and other silliness). Not great, but watchable, especially if you like that kind of movie.

Underwater: ok Alien-people trapped in small spaces-type movie. The monster reveal at the end
    it's ****ing Cthulu
    was the most interesting part. Not great, but watchable, especially if you like that kind of movie.

I had to make up for the ok movies on Friday/Saturday morning by watching Casablanca last night.

Deckard and GRENDEL like this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good Time

7.5/10

Safdi Bros movie (Uncut Gems directors) starring Robert Pattinson. Good. Suspenseful. On Netflix but was buried for me. (Not a fan of the Netflix recommendation algo.)

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Con Air is an 8. Steve Buscemi alone makes it an 8.5. Nic Cage brings it down to 8.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't like their menu at all, I seem to always find something that's not new that I have not seen in the category list.

18. conquistador#11

I saw a current interview with the writers about it making comparisons to what's going on today, saying what they never took into account for that film was.. the poor leadership by the governments. That's what made it eerie and had to re watch it again.

Now for someone that never showcases poor leadership... Kevin Bacon in Tremors,Netflix 9/10

After seeing may reviews on here I gave it a go. Another one of those films I always caught on The USA Network in bits throughout the 90s.
    A couple of things I missed watching it as a kid, 1.Reba was in the movie!
    2. Kevin Bacon doesn't need no fancy college degree to outsmart nature's ugly creatures. He knew they hunted by sound before the college chic!
    3. Kevin Bacon was once again forced into racing a tractor. I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this.

4. Who ever said they love Kevin Bacon but hated footloose does not what they're talking about. (love it when girls stop by for the summer, summer)

RayRay10 and peleincubus like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Need to add that to my list of popular movies I've never seen.

20. STR8Thugg

Finally watched Bad Boys for Life... I heard so many bad things about it being boring and stuff... damn it was sad af honestly, but I liked it. 7.5/10...

Worst part of the movie by far is that the captain dies... Geezus that sucked.