1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horry Speaks. Jordan fears the Nigerian Nightmare.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, May 9, 2020.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

fattz, saleem and tinman like this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Rockets bulls series would have ended up like the 1992 bulls-blazers defeat and debacle. In 1992, Portland saw Clyde drexler foul out twice in the series, game 2 and 5.

Portland saw Kersey, Robinson and duckworth, major role players fouled out of the 1992 finals.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fresh Prince of Bellaire

Patience, pippendagimp and saleem like this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Should have never traded for Barkley. I love me some Horry and the gang.

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

100% sure the NBA wouldve stepped in and have The Bulls the series, very similar to how they did game 7 against GS. Maxwell ejected, phantom calls on Hakeem, MJ getting 20+ free throws etc.... Ppl forget how bias the NBA is

7. jowman

jowman Member

Jordan was a great player but dude is overrated as hell and a selfish vindictive person. Dude dribbled a ball well 20 years ago and because of superior marketing he’s being treated like some Golden god who can do no wrong. You can’t even bring up another player to compare him with without Jordan stans jumping down your throat.

Rockets would’ve beat his punk ass. Personally don’t think the Great supporting cast around him got enough credit.

fattz, c1utchfan925 and pippendagimp like this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I have found that lately (past 5 years) the Jordan GOAT guys have been super aggressive when you even entertain the conversation which I find weird. A couple months before the quarantine I brought up the Rockets matchup with the Bulls team and my case for why the Rockets had a good chance and you would’ve thought I told him his wife is a slut or something. The guy legit wanted to fight over the topic which is insane and kind of speaks to the time we are in I guess.

But you are right about Jordan being a supreme d******d. I also doubt he really had any real friendships with his teammates and you can even see now in his older years where he still has that exterior around him which probably still makes it uncomfortable to connect with him on a personal level. I think Kobe in his later years as a player really seemed to loosen up and mature to overall good person that I think Michael never had the appetite to do which I think is a shame to his legacy where in the future maybe that side of him is elevated a bit more.... or maybe not. It’s certainly like a religion to the guys like the one that wanted to fight me at the bar over it so who knows.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Name one Blazer EVER, that was as good as Dream34. I'LL WAIT.....

D-rock and smoothie_king like this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Teammates are almost always vastly underrated. And more specifically Jordan probably doesn’t get another ring without the roster overhaul that the Bulls needed after he retired. That time off was a necessary reset for the next 3 peat. But there’s no ****ing way Jordan wins 8 in a row.

Time tends to cause people to forget the shortcomings of great players. Then you add highlight packages and documentaries like this one and it really compounds the message that they were infallible. Jordan didn’t always hit the big shot. He didn’t always have a good playoff game. He’s overrated in the sense of this aura of invincibility his fans and the media have placed on him. But they tend to do the same thing with almost every legend after the fact.
    Jordan is the greatest player of all time and if not he’s in a conversation with 1 or maybe 2 other people.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We need a Netflix series on NBA refs in the worst way. ‘Foul Money: How the NBA has been fixing games for decades’

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Duh, Sam Bowie and Greg Oden.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

100% would watch

14. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I dont know why people think the rockets would beat the bulls in the finals. Regular seasons victories dont win championships. Jordan will tell you anything off court when he said the rockets would have gave them trouble. But once he get you on court, straight up assasin. The bulls are 6-0 in the finals. Jordan will to win is much higher than everyone else. You want to talk about regular season victories, the jazz swept the bulls in 98. But when it came down to winning time in the finals the bulls won 4-2. I rest my case

15. SemisolidSnake

Robert Horry does know something about championship teams, what with his having one more ring than Jordan.

D-rock and banzai like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Don’t read the comments. A bunch of teens talking out their ass.

18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

For the 1992 finals, Only one of the bulls fouled out, Horace grant. They fouled out five blazers players during the 1992 nba finals.

For game 2, drexler and Kersey fouled out.

For game 3, duckworth fouled out.
    For game 5, drexler and Robinson fouled out. Horace Grant fouled out of game 5.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199206140CHI.html

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I definately agree with you that he is not the GOAT. He is definately the most popular player ever which is why you can never argue that he isn’t without people going crazy.

But I’m sitting at home watching the last dance and I can’t fathom how bad the competition he played against was. The suns up 4 with 52 seconds left in a pivotal finals game let’s him get the ball and drive coast to coast for a layup with no contest and people talk about defense in that ERA? The players now are 10x more athletic. Maybe less skilled but definitely better defenders and wouldn’t have allowed that to happen. Not to mention most of the guards back then were only 6’3”.

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Jordan has also failed to make it past round 1 a handful of times... He was Tracy-esque early. Horry on the other hand...