1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Good deal, I'm going to have a look, I think you mentioned it before, so thanks again. Webull I do really like those extended hours though... I think I'll probably keep Webull going with some amount in addition to moving most elsewhere ... I mean while I can't stand some of the clunkiness I've seen some crazy things in those extended trading hours, ie sometimes 50-100 percent run in premarket 3-6am before falling down to normal open no gap... And if you're chart doesn't show good pre/afterhours it's like it was missed. I'm going to watch it more, but I'm sure the volitale market helps it move a lot more.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It burned off some shares over several days before doing the Watusi shakeout @163...then heading back up.. finishing just above even, on it's highs (in spite of the market being down)..then off and running today...on decent volume...again, finishing on it's highs.(outperforming) She's got real support where she stands. I'm assuming mid 180's on this trade.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. jsingles

jsingles Member

Not a recommendation, but I bought a couple dozen shares of JNUG today at the end of market. Pure speculation, I don't see it going much lower than it currently is. But if it shoots up to previous numbers.....oh boy.

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice play and callout! I was looking at It early morning, I had a few calls I was looking at placing on MSFT from your heads up, but then I got busy on an early work meeting.. and didn't want to enter late (call ran way long) - Messed up on rechecking in time and missed entry, regardless very nice!

Fortunately we always have more plays coming! I'll try to share anything I come across. I hope you guys in MSFT make a lot

Plowman likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Very nice find, at this level I might just risk calls/move out some on the contract. I'll let you know if I place any or find anything worthwhile. My big mistakes if you're behind on thread were Tesla... And then NURO (435% from entry).... I basically played end of week last week out of character and then continued this week playing garbage. Fortunately I'm up but.... Yeah.... Hahah. I'd like to be up a lot more...

jsingles likes this.
  6. Plowman

Supporting Member

Thanks, CCZ! I should have mentioned it earlier. No need to chase though.

Like you said, the beauty here is that there are endless opportunities every day.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yup. TradeKing is basically what became Ally Invest. It was part of their push for millennials. :D I used to work with a few guys from there at another company.

8. adoo

adoo Member

after 5 days of consolidation, a 4.5% gain, on 1.8 x avg daily volume, is impressive. earning call is next Wed.

it is likely that MSFT will soon consolidate around the 175-177.5 gap where those folks, who had
    previously bought Shares in early-to-mid-March, will gladly sell their shares close to break even.

once the gap is closed, w less sellers, new buyers will come in bidding up the price to near the peak again.

On this basis, I decided to double my exposure on MSFT options

sold 4-20-2020 177.5/172.5 PUT
    bought Jul 175 CALL

net/net ~ $8.5

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

10. adoo

adoo Member

to my amateur eyes, the "support" at 36 is weak.

in view of the fact that the vix had increased ~ 5 fold in a matter of days, the fibonaci retracement is not that meaningful.
    we're a few COVID 19 news developments away from closing the gap.

Mancini's chart is from stockchars.com,I went there to see the parabolic SAR info which is used to confirm a change in trend. SAR shows that the current trend is still intact

#9370 adoo, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    CCity Zero and The Real Shady like this.
  11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

oil currently under $20

Sajan likes this.
  12. jsingles

jsingles Member

I got a little lucky. My JNUG didn't process until opening today, closed at $7 yesterday, got it at $6.55 at opening today. Decent drop overnight for me.

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. jsingles

jsingles Member

Bought and flipped WTRH a couple of times and in again at $1.16 average, I think it could push $1.75+ when earnings come out, maybe $2.

14. Plowman

Supporting Member

IBM@177.75

jsingles likes this.
  15. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

What's going on with LTRPB? Seems like the stock's going through a reverse split, so trading is halted on the stock while the split settles. Meanwhile, investors are FOMO'ing into related shares of LTRPA and TRIP. Really tempted to buy monthly puts on TRIP here.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So it went from $4.51 to $134. Big deal. Sounds like ppl buying crap they don't understand and FOMO taking over, but it seems like a garbage penny stock, so I don't think I want to get involved. lol. I think there's a proposal for a reverse stock split (another sign of a wonderful stock... lol) coming up in May.

:eek:

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...or-Holdings-Issues-Statement-Volatility-Stock

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Liberty TripAdvisor Holdings, Inc. (“Liberty TripAdvisor”) (Nasdaq: LTRPA, LTRPB) today announced that it is not aware of the reasons for the recent volatility in its stock price. Liberty TripAdvisor has not selectively disclosed any material nonpublic information to analysts, investors or others, and Liberty TripAdvisor is not aware of any sales or purchase of its common shares by any of its executive officers or directors within the last 30 days. Liberty TripAdvisor’s management believes it is prudent to advise the market of this given recent fluctuations of its stock price.

LOL

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Those people are up to no good. Even in Colorado.

ha

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  19. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

The problem with all that is the VIX is not a tradable instrument. Support & Resistance TA where there is not supply and demand is silly. Yes there are tradable derivatives, but I haven’t seen any evidence that they lead the VIX, which is just a calculated value.

adoo likes this.
  20. Plowman

Supporting Member

Got out @119 and change..Back in IBM@116.00

CCity Zero likes this.