1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tips on conservation during the COVID-19 crisis......

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cml750, Apr 5, 2020.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

I wanted to start this thread to see what ideas everyone has come up with to help conserve scarce resources like paper products, hand sanitizer, cleaning/sanitizing solutions, etc.... during this crisis? I would assume many of the ideas everyone has come up with will work after this is over and may be some things we can practice to help make this planet we all live on a better place. :)

Something I am doing is saving paper towels that are not too dirty for later use in the garage. I do a lot of tinkering and fixing things to keep busy and always keep a roll of paper towels in the garage to use to clean things that are greasy and/or dirty. I have started keeping any paper towel I use while in the house that are not covered in food or dirt and putting them in the garage to use while I am tinkering. If they are wet I just hang them up to dry. I will likely keep doing this forever because not only does it conserve it saves money.

I have also made some homemade hand sanitizer using Aloe Vera gel and Isopropanol mixing 2/3 alcohol with 1/3 Aloe Vera gel. Luckily I already had these two things on hand but this could also be done with any high purity Ethanol like Everclear or Isopropanol source and an Aloe Vera plant.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

4. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, is that how they make two ply paper? o_O:eek:;)

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i don't use hand sanitizers when at home, since there's water and soap. unlike my neighbors, i also don't wear a mask at home since nobody enters nor leaves the house.

i also use a cloth instead of tissue paper to wipe things, while also a handkerchief for myself instead of a napkin.

as for toilet paper, i have a small water spray... so that's handy.

what I'm having such a difficult time conserving is food. my appetite keeps increasing. how to conserve food brehs? also my electricity bill will hit me hard this month.

cml750 likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

The little sprayer in your kitchen sink makes a proper bidet...

Just make sure and get the dishes out of the sink first.

Jontro and cml750 like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Fap less? Pls don't skimp on the hand washing...:eek:

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Free p*rn sites are experiencing very heavy traffic these days to meet the demand of a lockdowned world.

I've noticed slow downs and buffering akin to the early days of broadband.