1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Windhorst) NBA season might be done

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Apr 3, 2020.

1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

It sounds like he's going to be just fine after all, we can all exhale now around here please...

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's surprising for me personally is how little I would care. Priorities.

txtodd, amaru, malakas and 3 others like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh yeah, there is always a risk of spreading it to outside people but if Vegas is willing to do it and the players, nothing else is stopping the NBA from doing it. I'm sure Vegas is too, I imagine the shut down of sports has hit that particular city harder than most with its tourism and gambling just all gone like that.

I think that's the only option at this point anyway, one court, best of 3, just run it.

The issue though is it won't be safe. A lot of these coaches are really old dudes, 70+..so yeah.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think they could do a Lakers v Bucks best of 5 on one court. Hard to call it a championship but it would be an awesome distraction. The main problem is that it would involve a massive amount of testing and resources that we don't really have yet.

5. rockets13champs

They can use the new raiders stadium and set down 2 courts there. But by doing this sort of job
    1. Many of these construction workers can be infected
    2. Once you do that and to then maintain clean, provide nutrition and training to the players and doctors are at a huge shortage to corona Incase anyone needs injuries/ needs to check up on maintainence of injuries. Let’s say worst come scenario a player hurts themselves will there be a doctor to read an X-ray/ mri. You’d obviously have to wait until covid cases go down in less than 100s to less than 50 per city.

6. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

i dont understant the sentiment of 'of course its over' or that there is not doubt that it should be over? why is this the prevailing idea. theyve played 60+ games. who cares how long it takes but have some sort of playoffs...dont care when it is or how long. have a few games to get everyone back in shape and have a shortened playoff if necessary but have one. i hate the idea of lost season, dont get it.

francis 4 prez, RustyHarden and Tfor3 like this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Who's gonna yell: "Refs, you suck, Refs, you suck"??????

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Warriors lucked out with injury season.

BigShasta, BaselineFade and Nook like this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Mark Cuban

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. Aware

Aware Member

Only way they keep us from winning it all.

francis 4 prez and BigShasta like this.
  11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

But will there be a season next year? The virus will still be with us. Virus comes back with the cold.

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Vaccines, immunity, and therapies like tamiflu that mitigate sx’s will eventually be available for this virus.

it’s just going to take more than 2-3 months.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Call the rest of the regular season off. They have played enough games. Magic and Grizzlies have each got a decent lead for the last spots.

DoitDickau likes this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

The season has been over. The talk of continuing in has been wishful thinking on the part of NBA employees and fans.

BaselineFade and jim1961 like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

And Windhorst with the I need to make news headline in a time where Silver cannot say anything. Fake fatty with non-news confirmed.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

18. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Come on, just let him have some fun

BamBam and RudyTBag like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There isn't even any evidence it goes away with heat. Guayaquil Ecuador, which is hot and humid always, has run out of coffins

The whole thing about instant testing, which I guess is the NBA new backup plan, isn't going to be workable either Even if you get your hands on these instant tests, what happens when you get a positive? That's right you shut everyone down for 2 weeks. That isn't going to work and that's also MLB/NHL/NFL aren't going to work either.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member