1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Captain Crozier getting a hero's sendoff by his sailors.

Ziggy, elrond, Hakeemtheking and 10 others like this.
  2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Nod - "How's it going?"

East coast wave - "Sup dawg?"

3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I noticed that when I made a run early in the week to Costco. Probably 15-20% of people had masks and respirators. A few had wraparound glasses and a couple hoods. I was surprised by the amount of people wearing them. Of course not one employee had protection of any sort other than gloves. They're probably the ones I should fear most.

We "quarantine" items that we don't need right away, wash what we can with soap and water, and spray Lysol on items we can't wash (it makes the boxes look like hell, doesn't it?). I've been told that other coronaviruses remain viable in the freezer for two years, so I'm being extra cautious. It's been a chore stocking up.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Good to know. I'm not going to worry too much about it as I just continually wash my hands and use hand sanitizer after I touch stuff pretty much every time. And, avoid touching my face. If anyone knows where to get said cleaners that are "on the list" and in stock, then please provide a link. I think Lysol is on the list so I use that. I was also using Formula 409 but that seems more iffy.

I have multiple sprays and some say "kills 99.9% of viruses" and one says "kills flu virus". So, I hope that would be effective. They should basically have a list of every product out there telling us whether it does or doesn't. I don't think a lot of these products have been tested. As far as I know, the list just contains tested products known to be effective. I'm not really in the mood to go on a f-ing cleaner treasure hunt trying to find these products but, if they are available online somewhere and in stock, then that would be good to know.

5. Surfguy

In Alabama and Mississippi, the klansman are just wearing full garb to the grocery store. I kid. I kid. Sorry.

Ziggy, elrond, Hakeemtheking and 5 others like this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's pretty clear who should be doing what...I'm thinking you're a nodder. :D

Ziggy likes this.
  7. likestohypeguy

Ours went from zero employees wearing masks previously, to all masked this morning. (heb)

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Surfguy

Yea...I noticed increased mask wearing by employees at my local Tom Thumb. The lady I know who works the self-checkout wasn't wearing a mask for a long time when I was. Today, she had one on but other employees didn't. At least the lady hasn't gotten sick so I feel pretty good knowing that because she's been in the mess for the last 3 or 4 weeks. And, there is no social distancing at self-checkout. It can be a clusterf*ck.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Awesome.

Hakeemtheking, RayRay10 and Surfguy like this.
  10. Major

Major Member

While I love the sentiment, that view in the first 2 seconds is horrible. The whole problem on this ship is a bunch of people are infected and its spreading like crazy, and now they in a huge crowd yelling, which may be a method of transmission. A bunch more sailors likely just got infected, unfortunately.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

13. Asian Sensation

No need to fear. All employees are tested daily to ensure not only their own safety but the safety of the public as well.

[​IMG]

FrontRunner likes this.
  14. omgTHEpotential

15. omgTHEpotential

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

for those not venturing into the GARM much anymore, join the Rudy T Makes HOF thread, for some Rockets joy in this crisis.

#5316 heypartner, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  17. Asian Sensation

****ing finally! Never underestimate the heart of a champion!

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I sprinkled the idea of ER clerks making copies of touched patient forms and to dispose the originals. Glad they made it an official guideline now. We really need to go paperless.

It's been 1 week since intubated covid 50 yr old and surprisingly still fighting. I can see major improvements in the xrays as well.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Houstunna likes this.
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

How you doing @malakas , you still hanging in there?